Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Zara - Any price difference or selection Madird & Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if prices or selections will be different for Zara Madrid & Paris locations?
Thanks!
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM

I am not sure about Paris. But, comparing Madrid and Barcelona and Cologne, I'd say the selections are quite similar. I find this true when comparing locations with similar climates. The collection in Singapore was similar to the one in Cologne during summer (my friend and I bought the same top last year -- hers in Singapore, mine in Cologne). That said, I'd always go to a Zara in Spain simply because it's a Spanish chain. Regarding prices, I THINK the listed retail price in euros is the same everywhere. There may be differences for sale items.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Well, no two Zaras in the same street (and there are many, many streets in Europe with several Zaras only a few hundred yards apart) will have the same range.

The whole point of Zara is that ranges change practically hourly, and are tweaked store by store.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM
carolinetaylor

I assume like most high street stores they will have a core range which will be the same in all stores for that season and then each store will have different things depending on there location.

there is a hihg turnover of clothes though. If you see something, i'd recommend getting it as there is no guarantee it will be in the same store a couple of days or weeks later, never mind a different store

Old Mar 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM

I agree with carolinetaylor! I missed out on a coat on sale (the only one left in my size) because I didn't want to carry a bag with me while I ran errands. Went back several hours later and it was gone!
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 01:39 PM

It is cheaper in Spain than abroad. The worst is the price difference with the UK, 39 Euro means 39 pounds.

Flanneruk is right regarding the differences between the Zaras in the same town and even street. Personally, I like the Zaras in Serrano, Gran Via and the airport in Madrid. Specially the one at the airport for interesting T-Shirts. There is a very small one in Preciados (not the big one, one thatīs on a corner) with some nice things in the basement.

Bye, Cova