We will be in visiting Zagreb and the area north (Varazdin, Trakoscan Castle, etc.) - staying for 3 nights. We initially planned on staying in Zagreb. As it happens, the International Festival is going on during this time so we thought it might be fun to stay in town. Tonight we started looking on Tripadvisor at the Hotels available in Zagreb. I realize that Zagreb is coming into itself and has been through a recent war but I wanted to see if anyone has stayed in a charming/historical hotel or B&B? The hotels on Tripadvisor are either extremely modern or as plain as day. This statement is not meant to offend as we prefer hotels different than the ones we find in the States.
So due to the above, we thought we would look in Samobor for our base. We will have a rental car for our daytrips so I'm wondering if we stay in Samobor could we drive to Zagreb and park? Or perhaps take a bus or tram to Zagreb? Which would be easiest? I'm also wondering if we would be missing the 'feel' of walking Zagreb at night, etc. if we just visited during the day and left at night?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 23 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery