Looking to travel to Cornwall. Basically have in mind the rugged beautiful scenery, charming and historical towns, and some fun shopping. I am also using public transportation. After some investigation I determined that Penzance has a direct route from London (where I will be staying) and, at least from reading about it, it seems to fit the bill. Penzance also seems near st. Ives and Lands End which sound good--at least from reading about it. I basically am looking, by using public transportation to find towns where I can be occupied in an entertaining fashion the whole day since I will be limited by no car. Some gorgeous rugged scenery to walk around easily in and some fun shopping and some charming in town walking, boat trips, etc. are what I am hoping to find.
This is a about a 4 day trip in August. Would appreciate your advice on what you think of Penzance, and what areas I could see that are near (using public transportation) that would be worth going to. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:844:853:3131 AOL Tec*h care By M3☎!
- 2 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 3 Current plan for March trip
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 13 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 14 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 15 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 16 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 beware of robbed in Milan
- 19 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Paris November 2017