Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Your input: 5 weeks France and Spain
Notices

Your input: 5 weeks France and Spain

Sep 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Your input: 5 weeks France and Spain

I would love your input with a 5 week trip to France and Spain. My family of 4 (2 girls-12 & 11 yr) and active in laws in their late 60's are planning a trip in September 2014. We are looking for a little bit of everything out of this trip; big city, small villages, castles, and scenery. I'm thinking an open jaw flight into Paris and out of Barcelona makes the most sense however I'm also considering a full circle round trip from either Paris or Barcelona. I'm planning on renting a car as transportation, mostly for the flexibility. My rough itinerary looks like this:
Paris-4 nights
Dijon - 2 nights
Lake Annecy - 5 nights (possible day trips to Mont Blanc, Chambery, Grenoble)
French Riviera-7 nights -possible home base in Arles or Hyeres (day trips from Nimes to Monaco. We're flexible, we may just want to relax. Possible day trip to Corsica)
Narbonne-3 nights (day trips to Montpellier & Perpignan)
Tarbes or Lourdes - 3 nights (Carcassonne on the way, day trips to Pic du Midi, Cirque de Gavarnie)
Basque coast - 7 nights possible home base in Deva or St. Jean de Luz (possible day trips to Bayonne, Biarritz, Bilbao, San Sebastian)
Drop rental car off in France, rent car in Spain
Barcelona - 3 nights

My second thought was to hit Paris(2), Lyon(7), Arles(7), Perignon(2), Barcelona(5), San Sebastian(5), Tours(3), Paris(2).

I would love some input, open jaw or roundtrip? Possible home bases? Is this even doable in 5 weeks? Are there any must see stops?
Sep 26th, 2013, 09:01 PM

Bm

Search this Thread