I turn to you with a slightly odd question.
Last sunday (may 10th) I was sat on a train - from Antwerp to Brussels - next to a young lady (must have been in her early twenties). To be straightforward, let me say I very much regret not asking her what her name is. I was wondering if the detail I have ring any bells. Perhaps she posted here during the planning of this trip (around fall or winter last year)?
Anyhow, she was alone on this train, yet sported two backpacks (one trekking - blue - and one simple black rucksack). So I'm not sure whether or not she was travelling solo. She had definitely already been in Amsterdam and Berlin (where she visited the fernsehturm) and was now, I suppose, going to spend the night in Brussels (where we arrived around 6 pm). I'm not exactly sure, but I think she had a long itinerary. I'm not sure where she'd been and where was headed but I suppose it would be "south". I remember seeing - scribbled in her Europe travel guide - at least a dozen other places. And also Canada...
I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack (or probably worse) but I would really like to tell her she made an impression.
The next details would only be useful for anyone who actually knows who it is I'm talking about (which is even less likely, but nonetheless I believe it to be worth a shot).
She had short hair (I'm told they call this a "pixie" haircut) which was died blonde (nearly white) and had a tiny, almost fragile appearance, with the friendliest smile I've ever seen.
She spoke English - I think she was American but she might as well have been Canadian.
With her, she had a copy of Alice Munro's "the view from castle rock".
I know this isn't your typical question for this forum - but I do believe it's pertinent. And if there is anyone that could possibly know who I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure it's here I'd find them.
If anyone has an idea, it's self-evident I'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 4 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 5 Trans Siberian Train
- 6 Greece during Easter week or August
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 10 The World's Greatest Churches
- 11 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 My France Vacation
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?