Reload this Page >

You people ruined my life

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Tommy Davis

We used to be a normal, middle-class American family. Then my mom decided we should take a trip to Europe. "The Continent," she called it. (She went to dancing school back in colonial times, or something.) Anyway, my dad went to this Fodor's website for advice and got hooked. Now he spends all his free time fancy-talking with you people on this website. Walks around the house muttering about Webster somebody and some guy who wants to meet women in France. What is this, some kind of cult? Let my dad go!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 08:19 AM
jim

Our motto is: If we can ruin just one person's life, then that makes everything worthwhile.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Sue

Tommy, if you find a deprogrammer for your dad, be sure to let me know. I need one bad!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 08:47 AM
april

Tommy, join us...

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Judy

Tommy: Too Funny for me....God, am I hooked! I worried about "Webster" too! <BR>Sue: I am second for the "deprogrammer"! L. Ron has nothing on this site! J;-) Judy

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:03 AM
See me. Feel me.

And [the dad of] Tommy doesn't know what day it is. <BR>Doesn't know who Jesus was or what praying is. <BR>How can he be saved?

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:10 AM
liz

I'm beginning to feel the same way! I'm taking a trip to Italy this summer for 3 weeks, will I make it without my computer? I'm thinking of starting a Fodors Anon. program, who wants to sign up first!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:13 AM
d. vader

Tommy. Join us, Tommy. It is your destiny. Come to the dark side...

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Gene

You're all lost souls and doomed to wanter the Fodor site for eternity. Hell, I have forgotten what my superior half looks like; and it took me an hour to compose this message because it has been so long since I've gotten near my beloved Mac that I had forgotten how to use it. Say, "Yahoo," and pass the cup! May there be a day of redemption for you all. <BR>Happy surfing.....

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Thyra

Liz, not to worry... even the most remote Greek island had Internet cafes! You can travel overseas and to far away lands and STILL keep up with the Fodorites! Can we say ENABLE?

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:37 AM
Landru

Friends, we are Of the Body. Joy and Contentment to you all.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:44 AM
liz

Thanks Thyra, I think if I had to take the time away from my vaction to update everyone, I might really need to stand up and say "My name is Liz and I am a Fodorholic'! I think that perhaps the wine will get me through holiday!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:49 AM
herself

Ah Tommy you have discovered us. <BR>Fodors.com is the first thing I do when I arrive at the office. Then I check in whenever I'm bored. I also use to be normal. Now I have a bottom drawer full of proposed trips. My husband and friends all look at me askew and say "You want to go where? Where is that?" This morning by husband in frustration said "Let's get out of here tonight and go somewhere." Then he noticed who he was talking to and quickly said "No, never mind." knowing that all I had to do is reach in my bottom drawer and get on-line. We are strange, but we have fun.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:52 AM
sherry

Tommy...how old are you? There may be still time for you to escape, but I don't think so since you have already made a contribution to the forum.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:58 AM
Julius

Yo Tommy!! <BR>Just what makes you think your family is suffering in a vacumn?? <BR>Misery is like sunshine on a tropical isle. There's enough to go around for everybody!!.....Julius

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:00 AM
desperate

Help i'm hooked on Fodors.com.....i'm gonna lose my house and my job and my husband...This is all I have been doing since I found this site 3 weeks ago. Is there a Fodor's anonymos or a 12 step program out there? All I dream of is Europe and all the places I want to see.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Kathryn

My big trip to France was over in November, but I still keep checking this board--my husband saw me on this site the other day and asked why I was still doing "trip stuff!" <BR> <BR>Kathryn

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:28 AM
elvira

C'mon, Tommy, try it, you know you want to...all the cool kids do it... <BR>All the people who warn you about this site are squares, man.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:34 AM
angel

As stated in a thread months ago, I'm about the point where I'll be the guest of honor at an intervention. <BR> <BR>A 12-step program has got to be right around the corner.... <BR>

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Greg

See Me. Feel Me: <BR> <BR>Great post! Got a chuckle out of that one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -