Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Yotel at Heathrow -- curious about "pod" rooms (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/yotel-at-heathrow-curious-about-pod-rooms-708188/)

Pula May 26th, 2007 11:01 AM

Yotel at Heathrow -- curious about "pod" rooms

I'll be flying through LHR in early July (in at 7AM out at 7PM) and want to get a day room somewhere. I've heard about the "Yotel" at Terminial 4 and am wondering if anyone has stayed there (is it even open yet?) or knows anything about it. The cost looks to be about half the Hilton.

lilla May 26th, 2007 03:22 PM

I am wondering also. I couldn't find any information, even after googling it.

janisj May 26th, 2007 03:28 PM

Neither LGW nor LHR Yotels are open yet.

Also didn't understand why you couldn't find the info on-line so - I just googled Yotel Heathrow and the first hit was the website.

From the updated info:

"Update
London Gatwick will be open from mid June.

We will be taking bookings on our new website from 30 May.

Inside Terminal 4 at Heathrow in the summer"

Pula May 27th, 2007 05:19 AM

Thanks janisj -- I didn't have any trouble finding the website but it doesn't have a lot of info other than the bits you quoted. I wasn't as clear with my question as I should have been because these pod places ARE open elsewhere. Oh well. I'll check the website after May 30. (My google search actually found better information on the pods through a Fodor's article -- no surprise there!)

AAFrequentFlyer May 27th, 2007 05:35 AM

Yotel type of accomodations have been around for some time in Japan. There are everywhere in big cities and train stations. That's what this concept is based on and that's why you read that they have been opened somewhere else, but they are not run by the Yotel people.

Yotel is a new corporation that's trying to bring the concept to European airports/train stations but it's taking some time to actually get it going. They made their first announcement couple of years ago when the corporation was formed but they don't have any actual Yotel open at this time.

That's why you can't find any information on it at the moment.

btw, as much as I like Fodor's I would take the info from the official Yotel site more seriously as they are the ones that will "eventually" run these places and only they know when Yotels will be up and running.

janisj May 27th, 2007 06:00 AM

Pula: Sorry, I wasn't clear. My comment about finding the info on-line should have been addressed to lilla who said she couldn't fine any info . . . .

lilla May 27th, 2007 04:05 PM

I guess I wasn't clear either - there is some information, but I was looking for the opening date at Heathrow, prices, and booking procedures.

Is that available anywhere?

janisj May 27th, 2007 05:29 PM

Since they don't know yet - they can't really put it on the website?? "in the summer" means they are aiming for sometime in the next 4 or 5 months. Buy they aren't taking bookings and don't have a date.

You found all the info there is . . . .