My first post:
I would really like to thank the contributors of this forum for all the advice on this forum and I have spent almost a week going through this forums looking for as much advice as I can.
My fiancee and I are planning our Honeymoon in Italy. I understand that the itinerary published below is probably optimistic and we seem to be doing a lot of things in a very short time. The only constraints that we currently have are that we are landing on Aug 11 on Milan and leaving Aug 24 from Rome.
Aug 11 - Land in Milan
Aug 12 - Look around Milan for entire day and go to Bellagio, Lake Cumo in the evening.
Aug 13 - Entire Day in Lake Cumo and stay the night.
Aug 14 - Leave early to Venice (~4 hours travel) and reach by afternoon. Half a day in venice
Aug 15 - Look around Venice (I understand this is a holiday, but I heard that since it is high tourist season, most stuff should be open)
Aug 16 - Leave Venice early to go to Florence, reach by afternoon. Rest of the day in Florence
Aug 17 - Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre
Aug 18 - Visit Modena and Bologna.
Aug 19 - Leave for Sorrento. Day trip to Capri
Aug 20 - Drive around Amalfi Coast (hopefully renting a Vespa). Come back to Sorrento.
Aug 21 - Leave for Rome. 3 Days in Rome. Leave back to the US on 24th.
Please feel free to provide all your opinions and criticisms.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 more info: https://klereumcol.com/fizzy-slim-hungary/
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Visit to France
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 10 First time in Spain
- 11 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 two days in Nice
- 14 New fast track
- 15 Packing Champagne
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 22 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 london or amsterdam
- 25 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
My first post: