Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Yellow and Blue Paris Airport Shuttle (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/yellow-and-blue-paris-airport-shuttle-139530/)

Bob Brown Jan 9th, 2002 03:50 PM

Yellow and Blue Paris Airport Shuttle

The yellow and blue airport paris airport shuttle, the exact name of which I cannot recall, seems to have left the Internet.<BR>My old bookmarks don't find it anymore, nor I cannot locate it with a search engine.<BR>I have clicked on every Paris shuttle that the search revealed, but so far nothing that looks like the old yellow and blue van service has shown up. Anyone have an idea as to what has taken place?<BR>Did the outfit bite the dust?<BR>

Marcia Jan 9th, 2002 06:46 PM

I sure hope it hasn't disappeared. My husband & I used Airport Shuttle (not Paris Airport Shuttle, which is a totally different company). If I remember correctly it was a yellow & blue van. There is a toll free phone # from the U.S. (1-888-426-2705)<BR> Hope this helps.

Bob Brown Jan 10th, 2002 01:26 PM

In response to another posting, Mark Harris, the manager, said they were installing a pay secure link.<BR>I hope they are back up on the web soon.<BR>But the Yellow and Blue, according to him, is still rolling.<BR>Mark has been helpful to me in the past and I hope he keeps at it for a while longer. It eases getting to the center of Paris for the newcomer.<BR><BR>

hcw Jan 10th, 2002 02:03 PM

I spoke to Mark within the last month to arrange transportation for our trip next week. The toll-free number above is correct; you might also try their email address: [email protected]

mark Jan 12th, 2002 03:51 AM

Dear Bob & other Paris bound fodorites ,<BR><BR>You can call us toll free from the USA on 1 888 426 2705 to reserve or email [email protected]<BR><BR>Our site re-construction is taking a frustratingly long time , speed is not our french webmasters strong point .<BR><BR>We are still here & will be back on line in the very near future.<BR><BR>regards <BR><BR>Mark Harris<BR>Manager<BR>Airport Shuttle<BR><BR>PS note to Fodors moderators - apologies for the blatant advertising but I am simply replying to a Shuttle related post

Bob Brown Jan 12th, 2002 06:46 AM

Thanks for the answer Mark. I have time before I need you!! I will be in touch later in the year. <BR>As for Fodors, the hatchet person seems to go after a strange assortment of postings. I wrote a carefully researched statement on the value of the euro. I made the mistake of quoting a sentence from the official European Union web site. Even though I posted with a full bibliographic citation giving credit to my source, something that scholarly authors have done for eons when citing evidence to support a research conclusion, my comments got axed. At the same time, postings full of foul language, blatant sexual language, verbal attacks, insults, and advertising where allowed to drift along merrily.<BR>Strange beast we confront these days, Danny Mangin and his rules of the forum posting road to the contrary. <BR>Carefully considered comments are cut; foul mouthed diatribes continue.<BR>

Betty Jan 13th, 2002 02:21 PM

Topping for Sandy.

Sandy Jan 13th, 2002 10:24 PM

Thank you! I'm going to email Mark Harris - you can't beat the good recommendations here! :-)