Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Xmas gift for parents - long weekend in Toronto, hotel and Mamma Mia?

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 02:26 PM
beth anderson

Hi all

I also posted this on the Canada board, but since everyone here is such an avid traveler (as well as a good number of Canadians here - hi Ger!) I thought I would put it here too...

Would anyone have suggestions as to a nice hotel in Toronto for my parents? We kiddies are going to send them to Toronto and get them tickets to Mamma Mia (most likely) for their Xmas present.

Any ideas on good places to get tickets, good hotel, things for them to do? If we cannot get Mamma Mia not sure where we will send them...

Thanks everyone..

Beth

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 02:54 PM
Carol

Hi Beth - My children also have bought us theater tickets in Toronto. We have seen several plays there and the kids put us up at the Delta Chelsea (sp). The hotel is clean and close to the theater district. They will love Momma Mia, we saw it there in July.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:41 PM
ger

What a lovely daughter you are Beth!!!

Re hotels, my favorite is the Intercontinental on Bloor Street (subway ride to Theatre district)- pricey, but you can sometimes get a good deal. If you want REAL luxary, and price is no object, in the same area, the newly opened Windsor Arms is apparently gorgeous.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:46 PM
ger

Beth: What a lovely daughter you are!! And Carol - lucky Mum.

Re hotels, my favorite is the Intercontinental on Bloor Street (subway ride to Theatre district)- pricey, but you can sometimes get a good deal. If you want REAL luxary, and price is no object, in the same area, the newly opened Windsor Arms is apparently gorgeous.

Closer to the Theatre district, I like the King Edward (again, good deals are often possible) or the Cambridge Suites hotel (very reasonable).

Send me a note re possible dates and budget and I'll get you more information re prices and options.

Regards .... Ger

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 11:03 AM
jpm

They will love Mamma Mia!

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 05:40 PM
jpn

As long as you won't send them to Toronto airport they should be happy.

Toronto has the least user friendly airport in a whole world. Even Kenya, Maldives, Warsaw, Moscow, South Africa, Equador, St. Petersburgh, and any other airport and on every continent we visited Toronto is the worst. Too bad because it is such a nice city and people are always nice.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 07:38 PM
Susan

Hi Beth, We also stayed at the Delta Chelse when we went to Toronto to see Phantom of the Opera. Very nice hotel, great restauratnt there also, and close to the theater. Of course, I don't know if it's close to the theater where Mamma Mia is playing!