Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   wow! someone´s been working hard! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/wow-someone-s-been-working-hard-503337/)

lincasanova Feb 12th, 2005 04:27 PM

wow! someone´s been working hard!

What a surprise to see the new format. Looks great! Thanks!

travginny Feb 12th, 2005 04:49 PM

I agree. It's great.

Ginny

Patrick Feb 12th, 2005 06:41 PM

I think the minority has at last been heard from.

Scarlett Feb 12th, 2005 06:44 PM

:D <font color="red"><b>S</b></font><font color="orange">carle<font color="red">tt</font></font>

cigalechanta Feb 12th, 2005 06:49 PM

Does that you like it or not scarlett?

cmt Feb 12th, 2005 06:51 PM

It hurts to look at it. I think I need to get a piece of cardboard to coveer up the top two inches of the screen when I'm on Fodors. The graphics are garish and distracting in the top banner, but the &quot;highlighted&quot; titles and IDs in the actual threads are too pale. I also hate the main page. The list of forums is in small print. This seems to be change just for the sake of change, even if it makes this worse rather than better. Meanwhile, the search function is still rudimentary, we still can't use a full range of foreign characters, and many old threads are still lost, fallen out of the indexing system and unsearchable. and

Scarlett Feb 12th, 2005 06:52 PM

<font color="red"> I agree that the <font color="black">black<font color="red"> spot with Fodors in it is distracting.
<font color="orange"> But the colors do not bother me at all.
<font color="blue"> I find them more cheerful than the blues and <font color="green">greens.</font></font></font></font></font></font>

cigalechanta Feb 12th, 2005 07:00 PM

You sound like St Cirq which is ok but I think the colors are ok except for that black and white fodors, If they took that away you would see the difference.
Hey, Scarlett, When do you leave for Paris?

Scarlett Feb 12th, 2005 07:00 PM

March 6th :D

welovedonegal Feb 12th, 2005 07:13 PM

yep, new site looks great. amazed when i clicked on tonight. (kind of agree though with the black and white fodors bit). still, great looking.

have a good paris trip scarlet. :)

machin Feb 12th, 2005 07:17 PM

That black and white fodors, as cigale says, is the eyesore that prevents you from seeing the true colors.

Scarlett Feb 12th, 2005 07:18 PM

Merci, welovedonegal ((F))

cmt Feb 12th, 2005 08:16 PM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34566200

cigalechanta Feb 12th, 2005 08:31 PM

that black fodors sign on left has to go. We know where we are.!

IrishEyes Feb 12th, 2005 08:42 PM

I hate it!! My moniter must be full of static electricity because I just pulled a piece of paper from my printer and it is sticking like glue to cover the top of the screen and the totally garish new color scheme. Yuck!

welovedonegal Feb 12th, 2005 08:53 PM

scarlet: oh how i wish i could respond in french. can speak it as in bull**** after lots of wine. but anyway, bring me back a fab. dry white wine, a wholesome red and some really strong cheese. and then come to donegal that we can discuss the whole experience. (and please go to the flee markets and bring me lots of antique handbags --- mmmmmm .... :) )

chocaholic Feb 12th, 2005 09:07 PM

I thought I was in the wrong site when I got in this afternoon.

It's not that I don't like orange. But let's leave it to the oranges. Hahaha...

Maybe we can all wear our sunglasses when we go on the Fodors site. That should relieve some eye strain.

Well, the one thing I like is that I can log on to the forum on the top without going to TALK now.

TracyB Feb 12th, 2005 09:57 PM

I love it..A change is always nice..And the colors are great!!

daph Feb 13th, 2005 06:23 PM

I think that it looks sharp-except for the black Fodors-which I find to be jarring.

Scarlett Feb 13th, 2005 07:51 PM

welovedonegal,
that does sound lovely, I know that my fellow passengers on the flight back will be thrilled that I brought the strongest cheese I could :)
How did you know that I plan to buy some handbags?lol We will definitely be at the flea market on Saturday. My son will be there also and he will have a grand old time rummaging for treasure!
chocoholic, maybe that is why the color does not bother me, I live in sunny Florida with the oranges ((#))