My husband and I are traveling to Portugal at the end of February for a work trip/vacation.
We are arriving in Lisbon on a Friday and my husband has business meetings the following Tuesday and Wednesday in Lisbon. Our plan is to explore Lisbon that Saturday and Sunday, then do a day trip to Sintra\ Cascais on Monday. We'll most likely have time to do at least some more exploring at least half of the day on that Tuesday and Wednesday in Lisbon as well. From Lisbon we were going to rent a car or take the train from Lisbon on Thursday to Porto and do three nights in the city before heading back to Lisbon on Sunday, flying out of Lisbon on Monday.
My question is can Sintra/Cascais be done in one day or should we try to split it up, or just do one or the other? Also should we take any day trips from Porto (like to the Duoro Valley) or spend one night in a different city either on the way to Porto or way back to Lisbon? This will be the first time in Portugal for the both of us.
Thank you in advance for any advice you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 paris to london- day trip
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Where to stay in Naples?
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 European honeymoon help needed
- 18 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona