Would like opinions on these Paris apartments

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All these apts are available for my dates. It's just us 2 girls so we need to feel safe. Quiet is one thing for sleeping, but we don't want to come back to a desolate area at night.

Also, a washer is a plus, but not necessarily a deal breaker.

Any opinions about the apartments themselves and the streets they're on are much appreciated. I've been looking at so many my head is spinning!

The total price for 9 nights is 669 Euro including the agency fee.
http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=2043

http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=1845

The total price for 9 nights is 618 Euro including the agency fee.
http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...numProduit=934

http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=2051
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:41 AM

I looked at all four places, and I think you can't go wrong with any of them, though I am familiar with the areas but not the specific streets, so I can't address the street noise issue. Le Marais is very lively both day and night, and I just stayed in the rue Montregueil area which I also loved (a pedestrianized street, rue Montregueil is foodie heaven, although I guess Paris is that all over). Previously I stayed in the Place Monge area, which is fine too, also right near another foodie street (rue Mouffetard), and the location of a nice little outdoor market on a couple of days a week. All said, I would base your choice on whichever seems most important to you: bath tub vs shower only? washing machine? asthetics based on the photos? price?

I just got back from Paris on 2/19, and it was 60 degrees F., trees were starting to bloom, and all in all it was a feast for the senses.

Liz
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks liz, I have a good feeling about these apts--I guess I just need a little encouragement!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Anyone else have any comments?
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM

lucygirl, a couple of things:

- unlike the other three apartments, the photos of the one on rue des Lombards shows the curtain across the window. That really makes me wonder what's out that window.

- I've walked along rue St-Antoine many, many times. I realize that apartment is on the fifth floor, but that is a noisy and busy street.

Anselm
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM

The most important thing for me is usually light -- a dark apartment is depressing and luckily, many of your choices looks like they have very large windows -- I'd eliminate the darker apartments.

My other crucial factor is comfortable bedding. I used to feel like I can sleep anywhere, but after sleeping in a very comfortable bed last year, this is a new priority for me. Being able to sleep well goes a long way in allowing you to quickly get over jet lag, stay energeized, etc.

All of your apartments offer sofa beds or futons. Sometimes, the agencies can describe the mattress or bedding to you -- some of the better sofa beds have a real mattress as opposed to that springy pad with coils that you can feel in your back. Personally, I prefer a futon (which can be very hard) to a poor mattress but I'm used to sleeping on futons from my college days.

Hopefully, people can give you more details on location although they all sound well-situated. good luck and have a great time -- when will you be there?

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 04:02 PM

I really like all of the apartments, but think that the first one in the Marais is the prettiest.

I am a little hesitant to sleep on a futon, but if you don't mind, then this seems like the best choice in terms of lighting, location and decor.

A lot of people have also recommended this vrbo: http://www.vrbo.com/28993

It is in your price range and in the same type of location you are looking at.

I am seriously considering this apartment for our trip in the fall, so just wanted to throw that out for you too.

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:58 PM

The site and prices look great! BUT how does one figure out the final cost with the agency fee?

Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone! I've emailed re: the #1845 -- the agency is trying to get ahold of the owner now.

Anselm - good call with the window. That apt is my 2nd choice, but I wonder too what's beyond the window. This is exactly why I wanted to bounce ideas off people here.

Fishee thanks for your input. I know I can't be too choosy because a lot of places are booked, but I found many that seemed dark & dreary. I thought I was maybe being fussy...glad to know I'm not the only one with light at the top of the list.

Also, to answer your question, my sister and I will be in Paris May 23-Jun 1.

Camelbak, I had already looked at your apartment! LOVE the balcony. But it's booked solid for the time I'm there.

Danna, the total pricing came from the agency after I enquired about the ones I was interested in. She gave a me total price and out of that comes the agency fee.

Thanks all, I was having a mini panic attack after my entire list of apts turned out to be booked. Whew! I feel better about these choices now.
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:48 AM

lucygirl,

here's another apartment to look at

http://tinyurl.com/323owo
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM

Sorry lucy, I just NOW saw your dates and the apartment link I gave is booked part of the time you'll be in Paris. Just got overly trigger happy here. Have fun...