Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   would like input on Valadier hotel in rome (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/would-like-input-on-valadier-hotel-in-rome-220608/)

janet May 14th, 2002 05:33 PM

would like input on Valadier hotel in rome

have any of you stayed at the Valadier hotel in Rome? It is near the Spanish steps and seems to be pretty reasonable for a 4 star hotel. i would like to hear about any good or bad experiences. Thank you.

Anne May 14th, 2002 10:54 PM

Janet, We stayed at Valadier in 2000. Pillows were flat, radio broken, safe broken, plug in bathroom basin broken. Position excellent and staff helpful. Didn't think rooms were soundproofed.<BR>Just the luck of the room. Good restaurant next door I think called Il Brillo Parlante.

JOdy May 15th, 2002 12:29 AM

I stayed there 2 months ago and loved it. The rooms are small but so are they most place. They have undergone renovations, in fact they were just completing them when we were there. ask for a larger room if need be. Yes the pillows were flat, as is typical in European hotels, just ask the maid for another extra one. Nothing in our room was broken , and the air cond. is individually controlled, though the street ( we were in a front room) is very quiet at night so if you prefer the windows open , no problem.<BR><BR>The staff is exceptioanlly kind, especially Diana in the breakfast room.And breakfast was more then plentiful with meats, cheeses, eggs, rolls, various juice, including blood orange !<BR><BR>we arrived early and our room wasn't quite ready, so they offered us a seat in the lovely lounge and brought us cappuchino while we waited.<BR><BR>The location is excellent , steps from Pza. de Popoli and less than 5 min. to spanish Steps. we walked just about everywhere. it is also convenient to the circle bus stop if you are going further afield. or there is a taxi stand just around the corner.<BR><BR>Lots of very good expensive and inexpensive restaurants in the area, try Buco di Ripetta on Via ripetta, less than 5 minutes away. valadier's wine bar restaurant is also very nice..we didn't try their main one in the hotel but the view from the roof terrace is supposed to be spectacular at night.<BR><BR>enjoy your stay

bumper May 15th, 2002 03:03 PM

bump

Lisa Best Sep 18th, 2002 06:12 PM

You may have already made ahotel choice, but for others searching for information on the Valadier, we stayed there for our honeymoon in April of 2002. It was wonderful. We had a large room that was very grand. It is a beautiful hotel and the ambience is romantic and intriguing. When searching through these posts for my own benefit, I never read anything bad about the hotel. I am sure that it does depend on which room you get and how much you want to spend. We paid about $300 per night. But it was well worth it. It is also the hotel David Bowie stays in while in Rome.