London Tube - S. Kensington to Chiswick via District Line

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The District line westbound has four spurs, to Wimbledon, Edgware Road, Richmond and Ealing Broadway.

Boarding at S. Kensington ... are the trains marked as to which spur they take? I need Ealing Broadway to get to the Chiswick Park station.

Thanks.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 03:40 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
All tube trains on lines with more than one end point have that end point on the front of the train where you can see it as it enters the station. You can also see which trains are coming in which order on screens on the platforms.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 03:42 PM

The train will have its final destination on the front....as will the electronic board announcing trains. So all you need to know is the station at the end of the spur you want, so you want an Ealing Broadway train. Or you might be able to walk from Turnham Green one stop back in which case Richmond trains will work for you too.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! This is how I hoped it would work, but after a bit of confusion with a Rodalies de Barcelona commuter train I figured I would ask to be sure.

The restaurant we are dining at is actually mid-way between Chiswick Park and Gunnersbury stations, so we can grab either line going out.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:20 PM

Or to avoid the issue, you can take the Piccadilly Line from South Ken to Hammersmith and walk across the platform to the District Line there, from where all the trains would be going to either Gunnersbury or Chiswick Park.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:20 PM

Bill I imagine you are going to Hedone...we ate their for hubby's birthday in Jan. Lunch took about 4+ hours so be prepared to settle in! Food was well prepared with some delays between plates. It was a good experience though if you are prepared for the long meal.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

>>> Bill I imagine you are going to Hedone

When I mentioned the distance b/n the two stations I figured some clever foodie would figure out we were bound for Hedone You win.

Is the neighborhood safe late at night walking back to a station? We will be there for dinner so will likely be returning around 11 or later, likely with a bit of wine under the belt as well since he offers a relatively inexpensive wine pairing.

We are also going to Dinner by HB (for lunch), Ledbury (dinner the next day) and Fat Duck (lunch the day after Ledbury). And then Hedone the next (final) night. Should be quite a contrast in cuisines, especially the two Blumenthal restaurants.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:41 AM

Jealous!!

You should have no problem! The restaurant is a short walk down a busy high street with pubs etc so there should be people out and about. Even if quiet I would still feel fine walking to the Chiswick station. I haven't been to the other station so can't say.

Just check what time the last tube runs, they weren't that frequent from that station on a Saturday lunch - think we waited 10 mins or so.

Enjoy

Enjoy!