I'm trying to figure out a good base for the westernmost portion of my upcoming trip.
Collioure looks so inviting, with good food, wine, scenery and hiking.
I don't want to hop from town to town, unpacking as I head east, so, would this be a good three night base from which to hike locally as well as take a road trip one day to a few of the Cathar castles and maybe even Carcassonne? Collioure looks like it's worth more than a quick day trip. I would have to do at least two nights here to visit it/hike it... if adding a third night makes a few Cathar castles viable I may just do that.
The other alternative is two nights Collioure, get in the car with luggage in the boot, visit the castles, sleep nearby, then on the road to Cassis after night three from wherever I happen to be that night. Which one would be more of a hassle?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 2 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 Trans Siberian Train
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 17 Greece during Easter week or August
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 My France Vacation
Would Collioure be an acceptable base for seeing a few Cathar castles?