We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 6 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 9 Help with Venice Trip?
- 10 Dubrovnik
- 11 Norte Dame light show!
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 10 Days in Austria
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 Champagne Tours
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Le Marche Research Help
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest