Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   World Trade Center Stories (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/world-trade-center-stories-188409/)

Fred Sep 11th, 2001 01:47 PM

World Trade Center Stories

I'm sure there will be plenty of these but here are two. <BR>My son's friend lives in Boston, was supposed to take flight 11 to visit his mother in L.A. He overslept this morning and went tearing to the airport. As he ran to the gate the doors closed and they would not let him on. He cursed as he watched the plane pull back from the gate. <BR>A patient of mine always goes to the World Trade Center to see a client. She goes directly from her uptown apartment and gets there early. This one time she decided to stop at her office to do some innocuous thing, figuring she would just get to the client later. The she heard the news.

x Sep 11th, 2001 03:00 PM

Fred, why don't you return to collecting $5 for information and stop wasting bandwith with third-hand tales?

Patricia Sep 11th, 2001 03:44 PM

<BR> Fred, <BR> <BR> Please let me apologize for the previous poster. This board is about sharing whatever you feel like sharing, and your stories are nothing short of a miracle. It is good to hear some of the stories that turned out positively in light of today's surmounting tragedy. <BR> <BR>Patricia

Peg Sep 11th, 2001 03:52 PM

Fred, Thanks for the stories. Please ignore someone who does not have the courage to include their name in attacks like that. We must all come together and forget any petty differences. God bless America and keep us safe tonight!

Cheryl Z. Sep 11th, 2001 05:26 PM

<BR>Fred, just last weekend (Labor Day wknd) my husband and I attended a wedding for a family member at St. Patrick's Cathedral on Sat., and the reception was held at the Rainbow Room on the 65th floor of the NBC building - with wondrous views of all of Manhattan..... including the towers. It was a beautiful, perfect weekend, a terrific Italian family reunion along with the wedding - lots of sightseeing, great weather, great food. And I couldn't wait to go back. <BR> And all the peace and tranquility I felt that weekend is gone today. <BR>The cousin's son who got married works in lower Manhattan, and thank God is on his honeymoon, and his brother who's got a seat on the stock exchange was running late and didn't make it into the city, heard the news and turned around and went home. <BR>I'm so far away in Seattle, but I feel so close to those in NYC now. And I'm devestated.

Brenda Sep 11th, 2001 05:51 PM

I was supposed to go to NYC this morning for a meeting in lower Manhatten. Yesterday, I decided to cancel. Thank God.

s.fowler Sep 11th, 2001 05:55 PM

We just talked with my brother-in-law who lives and works in Connecticut. He has heard from one friend who worked in the WTC -- but not from the friend who worked on the 95th floor. He's pretty shaken.

Millie Sep 11th, 2001 06:52 PM

My boss' niece and nephew are usually at the day care center in the TT. However their father(her brother in law) had out of town business today. THank goodness the kids stayed home. And if that person who doesn't like us to share stories why did he click onto this post?

Leslie Sep 11th, 2001 07:01 PM

I work in one of those 40+ floor buildings in Boston, with offices in all the major east coast cities. The good news is that none of our employees were on either flight originating out of Boston or DC. The bad news is, had at least 1 client on the American flight that departed from Boston, and knew some others on the United flight (my old employer). And 7 people from the town I live in were on those Boston flights too. Also, co-workers of mine lost family members on the two Boston flights and had family and friends working at the WTC. No word yet on the people at the WTC. <BR> <BR>

xxxxx Apr 5th, 2002 12:00 PM

Just so we don't forget what all of this is about in the Middle East.<BR>Try to remember the feelings you had on this day. It was an informal declaration of war.

Deb Apr 5th, 2002 12:13 PM

WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH EUROPE? NOTHING!!

Affected Apr 5th, 2002 12:13 PM

On 9/11 I was headed up to Canada to be with my mother during her major surgery.<BR>We made it as far as Atlanta before the terrorist attacks and were stranded in Atlanta for 3 days before completing our journey ... she died before we arrived.

Rich Apr 5th, 2002 12:15 PM

Fred--are you one of those who thrives on disasters and sensationalism? It sure sounds like it. This is morbid!

cowboy Apr 5th, 2002 04:25 PM

Deb, click to the next message and shut your trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb Apr 5th, 2002 04:54 PM

cowboy-grow up--cowboys are part of the past--get real!

WhyDon'tYou Apr 5th, 2002 05:25 PM

Deb - [email protected] & Deb @dbyaol.com Shut up and go away.....

MaryC Apr 5th, 2002 05:36 PM

Cowboys are part of the past? Gosh, maybe I should let my cattle-ranching cowboy-boots'n'hat-wearing uncle know that so that he can look for a new career. (No, uncle, don't bother busting the cows frozen mouths open during the wintertime. Let 'em all die. After all, cowboys are so 2001!).<BR><BR>: )