working in iceland

Feb 13th, 2000, 08:00 AM
chelya

working in iceland

Does anyone know of any summer job possibilities in Iceland? The only ones Iíve found so far are au pair or farm work (out of the question, because I donít know a thing either about children or farm animals) and fish industry (Iím allergic to fish, so not a good idea!). Iíll be grateful of any tips you might have Ė Iím also too old for Nordjobb, in case someone wants to suggest that Thanks everyone!

May 9th, 2000, 04:30 PM
Erin

Hi! I wish I could say I have ideas, but truthfully, it is very difficult to find temporary or permanent work here unless you are skilled in software development or such.
If you are excellent with computers, you can find something. There is a shortage of IT workers here.

I have only worked temporarily in an office as a data entry clerk, but the workload was so light that I had to "resign."

For someone who is not a resident of Iceland, I would honestly say that farmwork or being an au pair are your only options. I have a Swedish friend here who worked on a farm. She said they taught her what she needed to know, so I think you would do great!

if you do land something for this summer, let us know! It would encourage me because I find jobhunting here so grueling.
Good luck and have a happy summer wherever you go!

Search this Thread