Reload this Page >

words of wisdom for you today

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:37 PM
just

A friend of mine was extremely active and retired early to travel. She unfortunately had some health problems that prevented it soon into her retirement. Her words to me lately have been 1) retire as early as you can and 2) travel NOW and don't wait - travel as often as you can and do it now while you can - you never know what's around the corner.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Also

Someone told me after she retired: don't put off doing all the fun things in life, such as travel for your "golden years", they aren't always so "golden". She has been in and out of hospitals and can't travel either, after waiting all her adult for the time to travel.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:01 PM
xxxx

And let me guess, You were "just thinking" about sharing these words of wisdom on this board as you sat at your travel agency desk with NO phone calls coming in?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Alice

Dear XXXX:<BR>If you aren't interested in being encouraged to travel, why are you monitoring a travel message board?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Sophia

After ovarian cancer at age 17, a stroke at 26, and loads of back problems from a car accident, I travel every at opportunity I can create. Now I am almost 40 and thank God for each day I have. If I am not on a trip, I am planning a trip. I live vicariously through friends who travel, visit travel boards, and talk travel with anyone interested. <BR>For me, to travel is to live. I agree with "just thinking". Don't put it off!<BR>Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Also

Good for you Sophia! Grab life and get the best out of it and travel!