Reload this Page >

Women's pants in France

Search

Women's pants in France

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Alamode

Women's pants in France

Will probably get screamed at for this, but tell me, is this question any more or less self-absorbed than those wanting the PERFECT hotel in Paris, the PERFECT hill town in all of France, etc.?<BR><BR>Here goes: Given that cropped pants and capris were popular last year, do you see the shorter styles in the winter in Paris? Thank you.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:45 AM
karen blixen

I saw them a lot in London last month.. cannot speak for Paris, my last trip there was September..

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Jean

Right now-living and working here ancI can tell you that I am not seeing many cropped style in Feb, but by spring my guess they will show up again-at the moment given it has gotten chilly again there are lots of slim wool pants and flats or boots. And as always in Paris-lots of lovely shawls-a great treat to buy yourself here but not too cheap if you buy the real marks-ie Kenzo Dior etc, but lots of knock-offs.<BR><BR>Something I still can't get used to is women wearing real fur coats when they go out in the evening-being from the West coast US I guess that I just can't get used to that with all the animal rights groups in the US....

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Jen

Was there last May and December, and there were no short pants to be seen on Parisians.<BR><BR>I agree with Jean - so much fur over there...it's crazy.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:58 AM
xxx

I can\'t believe you viscious people haven't yelled at her yet. A certain 13 year olds girl posted a question like this and all she got was sarcasm and competely inappropriate remarks. I think you should all be ashamed (unless you were nice to that certain girl, then you should take no offense)<BR><BR>Much love ma peeps!!!!!<BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Leslie

In the recent catalogues that I have been receiving, crop pants and capris are being featured, but they are for spring and summer. It's probably too cold now to see Parisian women wearing these types of slacks.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Alamode

Thanks, ladies, for the input; just the info I needed and kindly delivered!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Anne

Just back from Paris, where I was interested to see capris and cropped pants worn with dark tights and shoes - haven't seen that here in the DC area. <BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:26 PM
XxX

Hopefully you won't se any "pants" in Paris or any other city. In europe pants are underpants, panties, lingerie, unmentionables - whatever you want to call them.<BR><BR>You are I presume asking about trowsers or slacks.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Alamode

Seems as tho everyone who answered knew what I was talking about. XxX, if I get "pants" right, maybe you could do same with "trowsers" (sic)

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Sue

How about britches?

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Fou fou

<BR>Sue:<BR>You can only wear them in the<BR>Britches Isles.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 08:01 PM
ooo

Fou fou-are you talking about Britches Jones?

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Alamode

Not even on London Britche?

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:04 AM
lafemme

Or in xxx's case----<BR>a Vicious Britche

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Pierre

Alamode, let me tell you a secret from one guy who spent all his life getting in women pants; it makes no f%*ing differnece what pants you weare. If you are a good looking gal you will get lucky no matter what, if you are a fat old bitch you will have to get some poor bastard drunk first. Good luck!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Alamode

Seems as tho this fashion question has take a turn to most unlucky.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Laine

And may I please add that it's my opinion that people who are so opposed to wearing fur should never wear leather or eat meat, yet so many do. Chickens and cows are raised for the express purpose of being killed for their meat, just like minks are for their fur. Are minks more important animals than chickens or cows? What's the big deal? Fur coats are awesome.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:34 PM
topper

ttt

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Sally

When I was in Paris I noticed that most of the women wore sort of a "pencil cut" or narrow leg pant. I thought they were attractive. I bought a pair and have gotten lots of complements.