Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

We will be in Spain and then to Italy or France .Which is best?First trip?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:19 PM
Maritza

Hi my husband and I will be in spain for the first time April 28th for 14 nights From there we will go to either Milan,Italy or Paris France. Please give us some of your expertise advice. We will be traveling via train to either one of the two from Barcelona our last stop in Spain.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:47 PM
elvira

Acknowledging my prejudice, I recommend Paris.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:14 PM
Rex

Going from Barcelona to Paris, you have a great deal of the most interesting and wonderful parts of France.<BR><BR>Going from Barcelona to Milan, you have most of the interesting and wonderful parts of Italy still on the road ahead of you.<BR><BR>For what it's worth.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:16 PM
Linda

Neither is "best". I mean this in the way that no one place is any better than any other. Both are wonderful, as is almost any other place in the world. They are all just different from each other. The first thing you need to figure out is what you are most interested in. Then ask the question again. Maybe somebody will be able to answer your question based on what is best to suit your interests. Please come back. There are a lot of folks who can help, if they only knew exactly what you like.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:19 PM
StCirq

If the choice is that clearcut - Milan or Paris - there's no question that Paris is the better destination. Milan is a second-tier European city destination, though certainly not without its charms. But....name one famous Milanese building.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:32 PM
Rex

Well, il Duomo for one.<BR><BR>But in some ways, this isn't about Italy versus France.<BR><BR>A trip from Barcelona to Paris is a trip through France.<BR><BR>And a trip from Barcelona to Milan is mostly, well... a trip through France.<BR><BR>Both can be wonderful.<BR><BR>In both cases, the route is as much (or more) the point, as the endpoint. That isn't a negative comment about either city.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 03:04 AM
Graziella

I appreciate all the good previous recommendations ...mine is PARIS, go to Paris.<BR>