Reload this Page >

Woman in Black - London Theater

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:08 AM
KCM

Is this considered a "hot show"? Or can I wait until I am in-town to get tix?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Dee

No, it's not a 'hot' show. You can certainly wait to get tkts - at the half-price booth. This happens to be one of the few shows I have absolutely no desire to see again - just my opinion.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:45 AM
vita

I got my ticket at the half-price booth also. My advice is don't take a seat in the balcony. That's where I was sitting and I got a nice view of the top of people's heads. I thought it was a pretty good production, more in terms of style than storyline.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:46 AM
michele

It's a long-running show and tickets will be available.<BR> I more than enjoyed it. I do like ghost stories and the two actors did a good job of keeping me in suspense.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Paatrick

I saw it quite a number of years ago, it's been running forever. Although I'm an avid theatre goer and participant, and very much into two character plays, this is the only time I ever remember falling asleep during a production -- and this was a matinee!! The two actors I saw do it sat in chairs and never moved, telling a long involved ghost story, but unable to accomplish anything that approximated becoming other characters. I do understand that it is often much, much better, depending upon the actors, but I was unimpressed. <BR><BR>And just for those who think everything has to be big or a musical for me. Wrong. Incidentally Stones in His Pockets is a two character show that is wonderful. These two guys become a myriad of characters and is very entertaining.<BR><BR>Woman in Black is virtually always available at the half-price booth, unless it is sold out to tour groups, its other big draw. They offer super prices to groups, so many tours book it.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:08 AM
KCM

Thanks for your responses. I apreciate the input.<BR><BR>If you had to choose one musical and the choice was My Fair Lady, Contact and Lion King, which would you choose?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:44 AM
K

My Fair Lady.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:47 AM
junebug

KCM, I saw this show when it came to New York briefly in the summer of 2001, and I loved it! I honestly had goosebumps, it's a wonderful old-fashioned ghost story and I WOULD see it again. Maybe not a &quot;hot&quot; show in the sense of being the trendy &quot;must-see&quot; thing, but if you want a great, entertaining evening go see it.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:35 AM
vita

Hi, Patrick. I think the show has evolved substantially since you've seen it. At least, the production I saw was quite different. I also enjoyed Stones in His Pockets. It's playing here in DC in February and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Phyllis

Can you get tickets to &quot;Stones&quot; at the half-price stand?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM
janis

Yes - Stones is usually available at the 1/2 price TKTS booth. It is a wonderful play - but you need to pay attention. The two actors play all the roles and switch back and forth quickly. The poor soul sitting next to me in Dec (a nice lady from Chicago) did not understand much of the mild Irish brogue and never did catch on to about half of the characters. She must still wonder what it was all about.<BR><BR>For Woman in Black -- DO NOT get balcony (dress circle) seats tho'. Theye are very cramped and anyone over about 5'9&quot; will be in misery by the final curtain.<BR><BR>