wojazz3's Switzerland & Ireland trip report online

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's back .... and it's bigger and more tiring than ever. We went to Switzerland and Ireland and had loads of fun. I've changed my technique for the webpage. Lot's more bandwidth. So here it is, too may photos, typos, misspellings and confusing run on sentences. There are links to old pages, one of which needs some fixing and eventually I will pull them all over to the new server. That's a bit of work.

http://www.obeirnetravels.com/index.htm

Thanks for taking the time to read folks.

Bill
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM

BRAVO, Bill. Most enjoyable, as always.

We did DeBarras in April and yes, Felicity is correct -- cleanliness is NOT their forte, but we did have a pretty decent lunch AND made it back later on, to catch John Spillane and Nial Connoly performing together.
They also have a nice little website.

Bob
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Wojazz,

I read the Luzern part of your trip report. Sorry about the bad weather but it looks like you were free spirits and making the best out of things! Sounds like you had a nice evening in the Pickwick Pub on the river.

Liechtenstein has always been very magical for me too. When I was a child, we went to the castle and saw the Prince's children coming out of the gates. Nowadays those children are ruling and are actually related to a cousin's wife. I went to my cousin's wedding and there was the Prince himself! Sadly, we weren't introduced but I learned that those bluebloods really stick together.

Anyway, when I see the castle now, all those magical thoughts run through my mind. I'd love to tour the castle someday if they ever open it to the public.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi folks, thanks for the comments. We had one bad day of weather in Luzern and one very good day so it balanced out. Switzerland was great and I could go back to the BO again and again.

Ireland will laways be a special place and I'm not close to finished exploring it.

Bill
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:42 AM

Hi Bill -

Thanks for the terrific report -- and the BEAUTIFUL pix. I leave January 30th -- and am not counting on quite the same weather you were lucky enough to find in Ireland!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Have a great time sondoc, we arrive on Feb 23. Staying for a week in the south and then wander back to Shannon.

Bill
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 07:47 PM

Wonderful trip report, as always. Can we have a quicker one for the Feb trip? Pretty please?
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Hey, hey, quit picking on me. OK, I'll try. I had almost 2300 photos to go through and the text is 48 pages long. Perhaps brevity might help me.

Bill