Hi to all!
I was thinking to do a 10-15 day visit to Poland, in January, basing at Warsaw and Gdansk, and experience the cold season there (I've been to Warsaw- Krakow in summer), would love to visit frozen water scapes this time!
It seems that I have a thing with water, in all forms nature gives it!
Planning to walk around, take photos, do/watch a ice fishing, maybe a ferry ride through frozen sea surface if there is such, etc.
Simple day hiking in nature around cities or villages would also be perfect - but I'm not really into high peaks and exhausting mountaineering...
I understand (?) that it will be cold, with less light hours , but could hope to have an enjoyable experience yet?
My budget is mostly at the lower part of budget spectrum (staying at hostels, moving with public transport...) so wouldn't book a full package with travel agency - basically looking for simple independent travelling.
So, if you have any tips for such a kind of trip, places, recommendations etc would be a great great help!!!
happy holidays and happy new year!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
Winter northern Poland - to see frozen lake-river-sea- islands?
Hi to all!