Notices

Winter in Positano

Mar 14th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Original Poster

Winter in Positano

Has anyone every been to Positano in winter for around 4 weeks just worried might not have enough to do + wont have a car to get around. My friend wants to stay there im for Rome out of the main area thanks jp
Mar 14th, 2016, 01:28 AM

The only time I'd say go to Positano in winter is between Christmas and Epiphany (January 6th). Otherwise it is truly empty with very few places open. This year there were only 2-3 restaurants open in the whole village. There is also a lot of building work going on so your tranquil vacation could have endless jackhammering, sawing and associated building noise happening next door - because this work is done in the off season.
Mar 14th, 2016, 05:14 AM

It is a small town in a beach resort that is closed for the season. Many hotels and restaurants are closed and the ferries are not running.

While there are certainly things you can do - visit other small towns, go to Pompeii, visit Naples, find a day with the Capri ferry running (but do check times carefully). If your friend doesn't not want to stay in rome (can't imagine why not) then I would vote for Naples - which is going to be almost as busy as in the summer and has way more to see/do.

Why must you spend the whole time in one place? Why not spend a week there and the rest of the time where this is something to do?
Mar 14th, 2016, 09:51 AM
ira

Hey jp,

Has your friend given any reasons for going to a Summer resort in the winter?

> im for Rome out of the main area

good thinking.

Search this Thread