Wine tour in Tuscany- Allesandro

Old Jun 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wine tour in Tuscany- Allesandro

Hi everyone-

I don't post often (actually not sure that I've ever posted), but I read often and took a tip from one member to hire Allesandro ([email protected]) as our driver in Tuscany. He is an independent driver, total legitimate and just a great guide to have for the day!!! He arrived at 9:00 am, as promised and took us to many wineries during the day. We tasted wonderful wine, olive oil, balsamic, meats and cheeses, taught us how to taste wine like his grandfather taught him.. It was fantastic.. I thought the nicest part was that we had yet to make it to San Gim or Volterra at 430 (tour was scheduled until 5) and he took us anyway.. which put us back at 6:30, obviously much later than planned. We never felt rushed the whole day. total was 280 euros for four people in his car. it was very comfortable.. and I am extremely picky!! Price included all tastings, coffees that he bought us , lunch was at one of the wineries (which we paid for)....It was one of our favorite days in Tuscany!!! Please feel free to email me if you'd like to see pictures or want more feedback from our tour.

He's great, I'm recommending him to everyone we know that is heading to Tuscany!

Amy ([email protected])
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM

The man is legendary on some other Italy travel forums! I scheduled a tour with him for this October and looking forward to it.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Becca,
Where are you staying when you are there in October? I'm in the middle of looking for a central location to do day trips, including a wine tour, for this October. Do you need to be in a certain location to hire this guide? I'd love to do a wine tour with him & not have to drive on that one! (I'm a lightweight)
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM

We'll be based in Florence (rented an apartment). I read somewhere that Alessandro lives in or near Florence but I don't know that this is the only place he'll meet you. E-mail him and ask. E-mail him now, he fills up fast! If you're looking to do day-trips I think Florence has the best transportation connections for that. Ah yes, a wine tour, guided, I can't wait to enjoy!
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:42 PM

read my trip report on walking tour of Tuscany