Wine tour in Chianti

Old Apr 18th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wine tour in Chianti

Walks of Italy, which was recommended by someone here, is not available on the date in May end for a wine tour in the chianti area. Does anyone have a personal experience of another tour which is recommended? The idea is to go to a wine estate for some sampling and lunch and cover one town to get a feel (San gimignano or Siena).
We are 3 adults with one 4 yr old. Would you rather recommend hiring a driver with car to take us around for 7/8 hours. This would give us more flexibility I guess. Any reco here for car / driver hire would be appreciated.
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 10:13 PM

Check this board for many recommendations for Luca Garrapa of www.hillsandroads.com. He is a wonderful guide/driver based in the area of Siena. We have done several day tours with him many years ago and enjoyed it very much. I know he does private tours and also small group tours. You can see the tours and the prices on the site above. Have a lovely trip.
Old Apr 20th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Flame. I will write to Luca to see what can he offer.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 01:16 PM

We have taken two tours with Donatella at www.winetoursintuscany.com and have another booked for this coming June. She is a delightful, energetic guide and we enjoy her tours very much.
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 04:37 AM

Hi SHWETS,

We took a great jaunt with COUNTRY TOURS of SIENA about ten years ago and were very satisfied. I see by their website that they have expanded their services. We toured with Fabio.

http://www.country-tours.com/tuscany-travel-agency.html

Traveling with a four year old would be much easier with a driver I would suspect. In any case, enjoy Italy!