Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Will the Fodor's editors ever respond...?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Pinless

I posted once about how the idea of a Fodor's Pin was a good idea, but had bad execution. Much to my disappointment no one from Fodor's responded. There are many of us that did not get our pins, and would like to see if there is a way for us to still receive one. Is the rumor of only 500 being made true? Can someone at Fodors.com respond? Many thanks!

Old May 30th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Anon

Interesting question.., why is it we have heard nothing?

Old May 30th, 2001, 09:58 AM
Katherine

Why don't you just e-mail them at [email protected] instead of asking such questions here? <BR> <BR>Do you think they sit and monitor these boards all day?

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:16 AM
xxx

<BR>Katherine, isn't that their job?

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:16 AM
xxxR.xxx

A little crabby today, Katherine?

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Rex

fifty percent of the fodors.com staff were laid off since the pin project was announced (and its two-day order taking period) - - including the person Terri Wearsch (search here on her name) - - who seemed to be put in charge of it. <BR> <BR>I don't think you'll be hearing a response about the pins. <BR> <BR>I think I will be posting more thoughts about the pins later, perhaps on another thread. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Gerry K

I did e-mail Fodors regarding <BR>the pins, but received no reply. <BR> <BR>Happy Travels, <BR> <BR>Gerry K

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Sheila

I also emailed them directly and received no reply. I am pinless in TN.

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Tony Hughes

Not entirely to our suprise, neither Emily nor myself received a pin. <BR> <BR>Gimme one of your pins!

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Howard

I guess I'll put mine in a safe spot and thing about offering it on E-Bay to make some money!

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:25 PM
topper

to the top <BR>

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:35 PM
xxx

The bright side for those of us who received our pins is that they could become collector's items if only 500 were made and fewer than that actually arrived!

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:41 PM
Karen

Bet we all can't wait to hear Rexs' thoughts on the pin situation. I won't be able to sleep until I get to read his superior thoughts on the subject. Best Wishes to all.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Here you go karen

I think this may have been those "other comments" posted on another thread: <BR> <BR>================================== <BR> <BR>Author: Kathy ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 5/30/2001, 12:12 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: Received the empty Fodors envelope today - inside the USPS envelope used for identifying (and apologizing for) damaged mail. The Fodors envelope had two postmarks...the first, May 21, NY; the second, May 24, also NY. I guess this means the envelope didn't make it outside NY...and my guess is there is a postal facility in NY with many pins on the floor! <BR> <BR>Could someone scan a picture of their pin and post it here? At least then I'd know what I missed! <BR> <BR>I'm sad in North Carolina! <BR> <BR>------------------------------------ <BR> <BR>Author: Rex ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 5/30/2001, 3:47 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: Here you go, Kathy - - <BR> <BR>"my" Fodor's logo ribbon pin - - the "original"... <BR> <BR>http://www.geocities.com/rexbickers/LogoPin.htm <BR> <BR>"their" pin... <BR> <BR>http://www.geocities.com/rexbickers/FodorsPin.htm <BR> <BR>and both pins, side by side... <BR> <BR>http://www.geocities.com/rexbickers/BothPins.htm <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR> <BR>==================================== <BR> <BR>

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Joanna

Well I'm in Sydney and I didn't receive my pin yet. <BR> <BR>Perhaps the system should only have accepted the first 500 to lodge their application, then after that anyone who lodged got a message advising that no more pins were available. At least then you'd know not to wait around for it.

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:08 AM
Anon

To the top again!

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:49 AM
xxx

Actually Karen, Rex is providing a nice service on another thread for those who have not received their pin. Check out "Tallying pin recipients..."

Old May 31st, 2001, 06:17 AM
J T Kirk

Methinks that Fodors.Com is dying a slow death. As much as I hate to see it, I think the website is going the way of many others. Such a shame.

Old May 31st, 2001, 08:41 AM
Karen

Yeah, I checked out tallying pin recipients...WHY???...and who appointed Rex as watchdog of the pin count??? Too much time on your hands.....

Old May 31st, 2001, 09:00 AM
Alvin

What a bunch of curmudgeons! Haven't done any travelling recently or are stranded in Timbuktu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -