Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Will someone who lives or works in NYC PLEASE get a NICE bottle of red wine and take it over to Danny at Fodors?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/will-someone-who-lives-or-works-in-nyc-please-get-a-nice-bottle-of-red-wine-and-take-it-over-to-danny-at-fodors-88645/)

s.fowler Oct 3rd, 2000 04:04 AM

Will someone who lives or works in NYC PLEASE get a NICE bottle of red wine and take it over to Danny at Fodors??

I'll be happy to chip in! <BR>Please? He deserves it!

K Oct 3rd, 2000 07:03 AM

For doing his job??????

Janice Oct 3rd, 2000 07:42 AM

No, not for doing his job. For doing his job WELL and listening to all of us when we complained about changes in a completely FREE service that Fodors provides...

xxx Oct 3rd, 2000 07:46 AM

K: <BR> <BR>Yes, for doing his job. Are you a manager? You must be the same kind of manager I was once. Amazingly, I changed (a little bit) before I was a total failure in managing people. <BR> <BR>Anyhow, I am actually chiming in with a label I just recently discovered that captures the flavors of Italy as well as any California wine I have ever tasted: Pietra Santa's 1997 California Red Wine "Sasso Rosso". It's a blend created by Joseph and Deanna Giemelli, proprietors. <BR> <BR>And to A of Forcalquier - - this is for you, as much as it is for Danny... <BR> <BR>i miss you... <BR> <BR>your seal...

K Oct 3rd, 2000 09:22 AM

I apologize for the snappish comment, I had just returned from the bathroom suffering from a bout of morning sickness when I responded. You're right this is a free service and I have benefitted greatly from it when planning last month's trip to Paris & London. Coincidentally, my last trip to Europe is why I have morning sickness! Now if someone can recommend a forum as good as this for first time mothers.....

Mom Oct 3rd, 2000 09:47 AM

K, I don't know a good website for first-time moms, but it sounds like you'll do just fine. It takes a big person to admit a mistake, so you're already doing better than some parents. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Janice Oct 3rd, 2000 10:05 AM

K, this forum will live forever as long as it's populated by adults like you who admit mistakes - I'm sorry you're feeling bad, and I love you for being such a noble person!

s.fowler Oct 3rd, 2000 10:29 AM

Happy news K! <BR>Now who is going to get that wine xxx recommended over to Danny???

Connoisseur Oct 3rd, 2000 10:31 AM

And here is for the R in red wine, robust,rambunctious and revelling in fond memories. <BR>

stacey Oct 3rd, 2000 11:36 AM

K - <BR> <BR>Funny you should ask.... I just found this website for my best friend in Ireland (just to keep with the European theme of this site)who's pregnant with her first (courtesy of a tent in Wexford, apparently!) <BR> <BR>www.babyuniversity.com

xxx Oct 3rd, 2000 12:39 PM

http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/J.../13717498.html <BR> <BR>Apparently it is available in Las Vegas, so surely it is available in New York. Get it and send me your address and I will send you a check.

Monica Richards Oct 3rd, 2000 03:34 PM

K: <BR> <BR>Good forum for first time moms--the pregnancy forums at About.com. Lots of info (sometimes too much....just can't get that picture of stretch marks out of my head....)

Danny Mangin Oct 3rd, 2000 10:41 PM

Hi y'all -- <BR> <BR>I've been out on assignment in -- coincidentally -- the California Wine Country and only checked the site briefly on Monday to make sure the switchover worked OK. Glad that folks seem to like the restored forums. <BR> <BR>K's first message was correct: I was just doing my job. Though I do love red wine (how'd everyone know?), a bottle won't be necessary. Should one magically show up on our doorstep, though, I'll certainly drink a toast to Fodorites one and all. <BR> <BR>Bye for now! <BR> <BR>Danny

s.fowler Oct 4th, 2000 03:59 AM

Thanks for the note Danny! [and we're green with envy...] <BR> <BR>The reason I posted as I did was that I live in Chicago, a "fur piece" from NYC -- so I needed a New Yorker to pull this off!

red Oct 4th, 2000 06:52 AM

Dear s.fowler, <BR>if you are serious about sending Danny some red wine, you can order it through www.wine.com and have it sent to him--especially since no one in NYC in stepping up to do it.

s.fowler Oct 4th, 2000 07:17 AM

Thanks for the link! <BR>I will if no one does "step up", but I thought it would just be more fun to ahve someone take it over there.

ick Oct 4th, 2000 07:23 AM

Why did Stacey feel the need to tell us exactly where her friend got knocked up?

agree Oct 4th, 2000 07:25 AM

Someone needs to buy a bottle of wine and hit Stacey over the head with it.

s.fowler Oct 4th, 2000 08:31 AM

Hey dudes! <BR>Lighten up! <BR>I think it's *neat* that traveling is so.. ummmm...... broadening:)

Dr. Fordor Oct 4th, 2000 02:46 PM

s. <BR>It has occured to me that I will be in NYC on 10/13, and that is a Friday. There is an international convention taking place for Travel Therapists and I will be a keynote speaker. Rick Steve's therapist will be there, but they have him at the front desk for registration. Dr. Fromm will be in the bookstore. <BR> <BR>So I will be happy to take, in person, this most beloved bottle of red wine as a token of appreciation from all of us. Now this isn't just any bottle of red wine, but the rarest of rare and damn hard to find. It will cost me a pretty penny so I'll need you all to send your contributions to my P.O. Box (just kidding). But here's the thing, where the heck in NYC is Fodor, how do I know if Danny will be there to accept this gift and will they may want to strangle me when I get there? And lastly, what brand and year of red wine should I be toting? <BR> <BR>You realize that this would be a pilgrimage of major proportions. Am I a worthy Pilgrim? Ambrose Bierce defines "Pilgrim, n. A traveler that is taken seriously." If they look up any of my postings, they may laugh me out of the joint or worse yet, censor randy comments that I have inordinantly made during times when I was not my usual and customary "proper" self. <BR> <BR>But s., if you really want this to happen I'll do it, but mind you, I'll need lots of encouragement. <BR> <BR>Okay, I've laid it out. What now? <BR> <BR>Dr. Betty Fordor