Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Will be in Spain beginning of Sept...any Fodorites want to meet for a drink?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:01 PM
Marcia

My husband & I will be in Madrid, Seville, Malaga & then to Paris in Sept. If you are interested in meeting somewhere tell me & I'll give you the dates. I haven't been on this site for as long as some of you regulars, but it's been extremely valuable for all your great information re: itineraries, hotels, etc. My husband has never been to Europe before & I think he would love this idea. Thanks again for all of your great suggestions. <BR> Hope to hear from some of you. <BR> <BR>Marcia

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:05 PM
Pedro

I may not be in Sevilla, where I live, in some dates of September but if you have any question I could help you about Spain and especially about Southern Spain I would be glad to do it.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:20 PM
Marcia

Thank you for responding, Pedro. I have been following your wonderful suggestions & printed a lot of them. We will be in Madrid Sept. 6-8 and will be renting a car at the airport when we arrive. Sept. 8-10 we will be in Seville; Sept.10-12 we will be visiting our daughter in Rota (about a 40 minute drive (I was told) from Seville where her husband is in the Navy (near Cadiz?)Sept. 12-15 we will be in Mondo (Malaga) & then we fly to Paris on Sept. 16-20. <BR> I would like to take some interesting day trips from Madrid, Seville & Malaga. I love picturesque towns & villages, waterfalls (if there are any) and people watching. What do you suggest Pedro? I look forward to your answer. <BR> <BR>Marcia

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:31 PM
Carol

to the top for Pedro's answer

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:32 PM
Pedro

Precisely I know Rota well as we have a condo there. It is a bit further, around 1 hour and 10 minutes, taking the toll highway to Jerez. Which town are you staying in Malaga province, Monda or Ronda? Both are nice but quite different. I would suggest a trip to Jerez ( wineries, a wonderful horse show, the cathedral and the alcazar ) and Cadiz ( lovely setting, nice cathedral, particular architecture related to Cuba ). Arcos ( 40 kms from Jerez, is also quite picturesque ). From Rota to Monda/Ronda I would suggest you to do the white villages route ( Jerez, Arcos, Zahara, Grazalema, Ronda ) really beautiful and scenic. From Madrid, Segovia and Toledo would be my favourite day trips, being Segovia even more scenic with its imposing Roman aqueduct.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:14 PM
Marcia

Thank you so much Pedro for your usual great suggestions. We will be staying at El Castillo De Monda...are you familiar with that property? <BR> I will print out your itinerary...thanks again! <BR> <BR>Marcia

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:28 PM
Pedro

I think you have done a good election. This is a nice hotel partially installed within the old recint of a VIIIth century arab castle, offering at the same time great views from the top of the hill.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:14 PM
Kathy

I will be in Spain around the same time as you...I'd love to get together with you & your husband. Anyone else out in Fodorland want to join us?

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:51 PM
Bill

to the top

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 08:16 PM
Barb

My husband & I would love to meet you guys...keep us posted.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Tammy

Bummer, I'm going to miss you guys by a month!