Reload this Page >

Wildflowers in Peloponnese in April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Gina

Can anyone recommend places in Peloponnese where we will be able to enjoy wildflowers?We are planning to arrive there mid-April and spend two weeks driving, walking, hiking and visitng lots of museums and ancient sites.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:46 AM
Linda

Come on Gina. People don't have a time to stop and smell the flowers. Read some post and you will figure out that most of people on this forum try to cover as many places as possible in a very limited time. I never went to Pelopenese but heard that Lake Stymfalia has aboundance of them in the spring

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:51 AM
Rob McCoist

Linda<BR><BR>We spent some time in April 1999 travelling through the Peloponnese and pretty much all of the areas outwith the towns were spectacularly colourful with wild flowers. As you seem to be aware, the Peloponnese district is known to have some of the best displays of nature's colours in all of Greece.<BR><BR>We based ourselves at Nafplio and some of the best displays we found were on the routes from there to Mycenae, Epidaurus and Tyrins. Also, one of the finest was in the area around the town of Tolon. We made some enquiries about spending a few nights there however as it was still their ‘winter season’ cheap accommodation was almost impossible to find.<BR><BR>Rob<BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:57 AM
Gina

Thank you both for helpful information.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 03:58 AM
ttt

Out of Athens, Karen<BR>To the top for Karen Blixen

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 04:08 AM
Karen Blixen

ooooo!<BR><BR>thank you topper!<BR><BR>big smooch. <BR><BR>funny how that title just grabbed my eye.<BR><BR>Karen

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:20 AM
Gina

I posted this question when planning our trip and now after our return I have to admit that they are everywhere in Peloponnese and in Athens' Ancient Agora as well. What a great dispaly on all those back roads.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Vera

One of my favorite memories is wild irises growing among the stones of Mistras. Next to that memory is one of the bees buzzing in the wild thyme on the top of the fortress of Monemvassia. But next year, go back and spend April in Crete. Because of its southern location, a stunning variety of flowers.<BR>Vera