Reload this Page >

why won't this site post on France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:37 PM
inor

I keep posting a message for the France subject, and it just goes to Europe. Does anyone know why?

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:52 PM
Bob Brown

The subject areas are just for searching. The forum itself is for all of Europe. No individual country subject division is enabled for display purposes. <BR>Curious, why did you think it was??

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:55 PM
Diane

Hey, I'm having the same problem! I want my message posted to Russia and it is posting to the Europe main site. If you get a more complete answer than the one from Bob, please forward it to me so that I can straighten out my message, too. Thanks.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:01 PM
Joel

I don't think there is a "more complete" answer. Messages go to the Europe "page" no matter what European country. When somebody wants to find out what people are saying on "the France board", he/she clicks on France and that just tracks down and displays anything that has the word "France" in it. So you can pull it out by country, but you put it in by continent (ico Europe).

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:26 PM
Art

The above answers are correct. Selecting the country from the pull down simply makes it easier to find your messages if they sink down several pages. For example, I'm going to Poland and Romania this year, so I select those two countries from the pull down. Not a lot of travelers are heading in that direction so my messages sink quite rapidly. To see them I simply select those countries from the pull down on the search area and click on search. That way I can see them quite easily without searching through pages and pages of messages. <BR>Fodors tried seperating out by country and there was such a outcry that they reverted back. A very strong reason that many of us like it this way is I may be traveling to Poland for example this year but last year I was in Spain and the year before in Budapest. On the Consolidated European forum I see all of the messages and may have a response even though that is not my area of interest for this year. <BR>Does this clarify it for you? <BR> <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>