Whose the trip planner in your family?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Poll

Whose the trip planner in your family?

Who in your family does the majority of trip planning, male or female, husband or wife? My unofficial poll shows mostly the women are making travel planning decisions....then running it by the men. Of course there are exceptions.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:08 AM
KatWoman

Me, the wife. I plan it all. Husband likes it that way and so do I. Never had a bad trip yet so I must be good at it! : )

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:28 AM
claude

We decide jointly on our next destination, but then I (the husband) do most of the research and planning, as well as most of the hotel booking, etc. We use some of the perks my wife gets from her job for discounts on cars, tours when used, hotels, but the majority of the trip planning is done by me. Like KatWoman said, I must be doing OK as we have not yet had a bad trip.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Thyra

I:Wife.. I plan all things...Actually, my husband loves to travel, but could care less about finding hotels etc.. which I just adore... half the fun for me. Of course, my husband is the one who can find his way back to any hotel in any city on the planet with NO problems whatsoever..he also reads trains schedules and roadmaps.. so I guess I'll keep him!!!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:50 AM
maryann

I do and I love it.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:19 AM
xxx

Why is it seemingly impossible for people to contract words correctly on this board? Were you all asleep during spelling class? Who's ......not Whose!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Jen

Watchout -- the last thread that strayed off into grammar-land got pulled!

As a single parent, I get to make all the key decisions. I usually poll the kids about general destination, and provide them with choices and options about what to do.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Karl

Before correcting english please know of which you speak. Whose in this sentence is a pronominal adjective. The term whose in this case means "done by whom."

Please keep in mind that english syntax often contain many different meanings.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Marilyn

I, as the wife, do the planning. I love the preparation almost as much as the trip--almost. I like to feel prepared for most eventualities--it has, as they say, "saved our bacon," many times. M.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Susan

I do. I am single, female, 48 and often travel solo.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:59 AM
xxx

Please Karl: Pronominal adjective??? It should be "who's" as in "who cares who plans the trip if you can't compose a simple sentence?"

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Linguist

Sorry, Karl, you can't snow everybody with grammar talk. The only remotely logical way "whose" could be a pronominal adjective here is if the sentence were asking to whom the trip planner belongs. Does that make any sense? If, as you say, "whose" means "done by whom" it would be asking "by whom is the trip planner done?" which makes even less sense.

Obviously, it's supposed to be a contraction for "who is" and it's wrong.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Duke

Forget the idiot correcting the grammer. Tell him to volunteer at a school and leave us travelers alone.

I do the planning and my wife shows up. Seems to be working. 25+ times to Europe in last 12 years and heading back again soon as I plan one.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Elsa

I (wife) do ALL the planning. When we get to our destination(s) I feel like I really know a place b/c I have read so much and done so much planning. I end up remembering more than my husband b/c all the research along w/ the experience of the visit sticks in my head better than in his.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:36 PM
orgy7

I let the darts choose

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Karen

I do the planning, because I figure that with all the daydreaming, reading, itinerary changing, etc., I get months more out of my travel dollars by enjoying the planning too! My husband travels great with me, so luckily its worked out well!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:55 PM
susie

I do, me,the wife and mom. Since the internet, I've become addicted to travel planning. My husband loves being able to just go along for the card and sign the credit slips!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:56 PM
susie

oops, I mean ride, not card!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Danna

I (the wife) make the arrangements, loose as they are, for first and last night rooms. Hubby and I agree on the places, although on our first trip he was clueless about the itinerary. His co-workers are aghast when he tells them 1. We aren't on a tour, and 2. He has no idea where we are staying, or how we are getting there. I love getting travel info in the mail. It's much nicer mail than bills! September 2004 here we come!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:01 PM
xxx

It is I, the wife 'whose doneth' the travel planning for 17 years. And I love every minute of it. The last time (1st and only) my hubby did the planning we ended up with brown rings in the bathtub.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -