Reload this Page >

Who or what is TOP

Search

Who or what is TOP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Jody

Who or what is TOP

I may be stupid but postings by [email protected], totally confuse me , all they ever say is TOP. <BR>Is this some secret Fodor code I don't know about?? Do we have a handshake and secret signs, clue me in !

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:32 PM
Rex

"top" refers to any little message added to bring a message to the top of the 50 most recently posted "threads". <BR> <BR>Sometimes you will see little "campaigns" where someone will "top" questions that have had little or no attention. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:32 PM
jahoulih

To "top" a message is to add a content-free reply for the purpose of bringing it to the top of the list.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Capo

I think TOP is the one who's always calling ELTTEK black. :~)

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:36 PM
s.fowler

Capo -- Niiiiiiiiiiice <BR>Mostly it's a matter of a deservign question that hasn't gotten attention -- or a thread that someone would like to see continued. It is not.. ummmmmm... a "campaign" -- at least as far as I can tell not very often.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:38 PM

uoy kniht? <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:39 PM
mike

No secret code -- just some imbecile who thinks they can bury a post they don't think appropriate. This 'top' person thinks we need someone to act as a censor on this forum to protect our sensibilities. How sad. (I assumed it was the 'laid' threads that irked this person so I brought them to the top myself).

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Jody

Thanks rex, capo,Mike,sfowler,jahoulh , <BR>I knew you guys would come trrough. <BR>And to top (uoy kniht)... <BR>yesay 1yay oday inkthay