Who has heard of Forcalquier France

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Sue

Who has heard of Forcalquier France

Hi,

We are thinking of renting an apartment in the area of Forcalquier France. It is in Provence, but I am not sure if the town is that convienently located. Of coarse we will have a car and we want to explore the usual charming towns of the Provence and we will have a week. Is this town too out of the way? Thank you, Sue

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 06:18 PM
mimi taylor

That is near haute provence where most of the commercial lavender is grown. The fields of it around Sault are beautiful. You are close to Banon, famous for its cheese.Moustiers, it's pottery(faience)An excellant restaurant in Moustiers St. marie is Les Santons.
Fontaine de Vaucluse, dining by the waterfalls at Chez Philipe. You can drive to Mt. Ventoux. I love this area because it's not as crowded as around Avignon.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Rex

Dr. Betty (Anne, awein) of Denver stayed there in the summer of 2000.

Search here for her. You can find her.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Betty

Hi, Sue. I spent a couple of weeks in the fall of 2000 around Apt in the Luberon, but never got as far east as Forcalquier. I have heard it is really beautiful there, though. I topped a couple of threads that mention Forcalquier ("Provence Base - Help" and "Lavender fields in Provence") You might want to e-mail Dr. Betty and/or Lee. Hope you find what you need to know.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Sue

Hi,

Thank you for your help. It sounds wonderful. Is it doable to drive to the usual Provence towns for day trips(Avignon etc), or is Forcalquier too out of the way? We would not want to go out of this area every day, but maybe 2-3 days out of the seven.

Thank you,
Sue