Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Who are the sexiest and most macho men in Europe? Are American men more masculine than European men (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/who-are-the-sexiest-and-most-macho-men-in-europe-are-american-men-more-masculine-than-european-men-193454/)

Crystal Apr 7th, 2002 03:36 PM

Who are the sexiest and most macho men in Europe? Are American men more masculine than European men

I think Italian men are very sexy and really macho. But I think that American men are a bit more tough than Euro guys in general. A lot of Euro dudes are more sophisticated and distinguished than our blokes(I am not a Brit, I just like the way it sounds). I'm not saying anything bad, please don't get me wrong.

Martha Apr 7th, 2002 03:47 PM

Definitely the Spanish men. They are so cute! No I would not say that American men are any tougher than european men. Although there is something classy about a Euro man.

Italyfan Apr 7th, 2002 04:05 PM

this is a joke, right? Italians, hands down, no question

Jane Apr 7th, 2002 04:10 PM

Irish men for sure. And what they say about the Irish curse , aint real, honey!

Serena Apr 7th, 2002 04:15 PM

Hmmm, a frivolous subject, but at least it isn't about smo---never mind.<BR><BR>"Sexy" men are one subject, and "macho" or "tough" men another. Do you think these things go together? I don't.<BR><BR>Then Martha mentions "classy" and "cute". Related? I don't think so!<BR>

xxxxx Apr 7th, 2002 05:17 PM

Was that supposed to be a joke, "Italian men, hands down"? Italian men never have their hands down!

Suz Apr 7th, 2002 05:20 PM

An Irishman with a smile and that darling accent can top any American man, and I'm live in the U.S.

Sue Apr 7th, 2002 05:25 PM

It is interesting, because my women friends who are European all think American men are more attractive, because they are so much taller and have an easy going attitude. I think it is what you do not have is what you want.

Sophia Apr 7th, 2002 06:31 PM

Just returned form Italy and it reaffirmed my position...Italian men are the greatest! My God, they are so sexy I could die! That thick, black hair. The stylish way they dress! <BR>I could just sit and watch those men all day. Ooooooh, and when they look at a woman, whew! Warms me to my toes!<BR><BR><BR>i wanna go back......sniff, sniff

xx Apr 7th, 2002 07:06 PM

Without a doubt -The Spanish men.<BR>Look at Enrique Inglesius!<BR>While in Madrid, I couldn't beleive my eyes!!!!!!!

Kathy Apr 8th, 2002 06:44 AM

The problem with most American men is that they have been snipped. Most European men still have their original equipment, and that definitely makes for a much better experience.

my Apr 8th, 2002 06:53 AM

Liam Neeson (did I spell that right?). He is extremely sexy and macho.

what? Apr 8th, 2002 07:49 AM

How so, Kathy?

anon (not onan) Apr 8th, 2002 07:57 AM

snipped, you know - the bris.<BR><BR>your bits 'n pieces have smaller pieces!<BR><BR>but, it does make you cleaner I think, no??<BR><BR>ugh!

Huh? Apr 8th, 2002 08:10 AM

Jane -- What is the Irish curse???<BR>

xxx Apr 8th, 2002 08:15 AM

Women that can't get men in the US always think that European men are better. Honey - you are just as likely to be rejected by a European man.

xxx Apr 9th, 2002 12:31 AM

Taking the average, the tallest men in the world are the Dutch. So, Sue, you now know where to go for eye candy.<BR><BR>If they could jump as well ...<BR><BR>Italian men are the most "available" - average age for marriage well over 30!<BR><BR>Statistics, eh?

SeaUrchin Aug 27th, 2003 10:05 AM

So ladies, what is the latest opinion?

I think Italian men are the sexiest because they dress so well, have such manliness (is that a word?) and have confidence in themselves as men.

This is a generalization of course......

ira Aug 27th, 2003 10:07 AM

Had to revive this troll, eh?

SeaUrchin Aug 27th, 2003 10:15 AM

Yep, don't worry ira, you fare well here in the US I am sure.