White tennis shoes again.

Feb 28th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

White tennis shoes again.

I resurrected this topic because I was in Vienna over Christmas. I wore my white tennis shoes one day because the sun had come out and it was much warmer...so I thought I'd be a bit more casual and comfortable since I had been wearing warmer boots for days.

Anyway, I walked past a group of locals who looked down at my shoes. As I passed I heard one of them say, "He's wearing his marshmallows".

I stopped and asked them if they liked them, and we all had a good laugh...although it was evident that they were embarrassed.

So...yes, it seems white tennis shoes are of dubious interest in some parts of Europe.

Feb 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM

I think it is funny you stopped and asked them? Were they running or tennis shoes? I am glad you had a sense of humor about the incident .
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Oh Jim does this mean we will have some photos? I hope so.

I am wearing my white nikes today, they are just the best. Why can't everyone like them!!
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
ira

Hi J,

No one wears white shoes between Labor day and Memorial day unless they live in FL.

That's why those Viennese remarked upon it.

Feb 28th, 2008, 03:02 PM

"No one wears white shoes between Labor day and Memorial day unless they live in FL."

Or Texas. <)

I love my whities, too! (Though, I confess, mine have a bit of blue on them, so they're not totally marshmallows.)
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Not only FL, ira, but here in Southern California, too.

The shoes I had on were Brooks Addiction walkers, which are very comfortable for me. They also come in black. I think I'll get a pair

Some photos coming soon, SeaUrchin. This really wasn't a "photo" trip so to speak, but I did manage to take a few keepers.

We were on a family trip over Christmas, cruising on the Danube between Nuremberg & Vienna...stopping at the Christmas markets...so photography opportunities came mainly when the barge docked.