Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   White Jumpsuite for Eating Beignets? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/white-jumpsuite-for-eating-beignets-534951/)

muffin_eater Jun 7th, 2005 09:54 AM

White Jumpsuite for Eating Beignets?

Which designer makes the perfect white jumpsuit for eating beignets? That powdered sugar gets everywhere!! Every time I eat breakfast, I must rush back to the hotel and change clothes.

If I carry a backpack, I could remove the jumpsuit after breakfast and carry it with me, so I save time without returning to my hotel to change clothes.

But, who makes the finest white jumpsuits?

Thanx for your help, everyone!

PalQ Jun 7th, 2005 10:01 AM

La Maison de la Blanche Vetements de Sautee; rue de la Boulangerie, Paris 19em!

china_cat Jun 7th, 2005 10:21 AM

If you wear a crispy pink running suit, the sugar just brushes right off. That's why crispy pink is so popular among American tourists.

Scarlett Jun 7th, 2005 10:32 AM

We live in a town with a Naval Air Station, and those young men wear some nice jumpsuits.
Although the ones I have seen are not white, they have plenty of pockets for your extra beignets, and zippers to keep them safe from the Ever Present Beignet PickPockets in Europe.
I hope this helps.~S

Holly_uncasdewar Jun 7th, 2005 10:44 AM

I think you should be more concerned with the lingerie you'll be exposing once you remove the jumpsuit. Basic black, with a lot of lace, perhaps?

elizabeth_reed Jun 7th, 2005 12:05 PM

Elvis? Is that you? Where've you been?

Lewis Jun 7th, 2005 12:51 PM

Pink is the new brown! :p

PBProvence Jun 7th, 2005 01:42 PM

What IS a "jumpsuite" ?

Scarlett Jun 7th, 2005 01:56 PM

A jumpsuite might be a small room that allows you to jump from the bed to the tub without having to step on the floor..They are usually found in pensions in Spain and in budget hotels in Paris. :D

Jocelyn_P Jun 7th, 2005 02:29 PM

Omigosh, LOL Scarlett!

FainaAgain Jun 7th, 2005 02:53 PM

China cat, does this crispy running "suite" make a sqeaking sound when you walk? Or only when you eat?

Scarlett Jun 7th, 2005 04:13 PM

Crispy running suite sounds like a new dish at the Chinese Take-out!

uhoh_busted Jun 7th, 2005 04:17 PM

All I could think of was Mary Pierce at Wimbleton a few years back...somehow I don't think she eats beignets...

Scarlett Jun 7th, 2005 04:23 PM

Hi uhoh, have you moved already?
If so, are you loving it?

tedgale Jun 7th, 2005 04:41 PM

Diana Rigg, who played Mrs. Peel in The Avengers TV series in the 60s, had a white vinyl jumpsuit costume that (according to Hello! magazine) she was allowed to keep after the series folded in 1969.

She has it still.

Unfortunately, after 35 years of eating beignets and their UK equivalent, ham butties, she weighs (despite what you might imagine from her many 1990s Masterpiece Theatre and Mystery! roles) about 275 pounds.

So the jumpsuit stays in her closet -- or fitted wardrobe, as the English say....

Scarlett Jun 7th, 2005 04:43 PM

Diana Rigg weighs almost 300 lbs!!
I don't know what to say.
I loved her as a controlling killer mother on some PBS movie but I cannot imagine her so .....large.
How are you & yours tedgale? (not as large, I am sure ) LOL

tedgale Jun 7th, 2005 05:04 PM

A little larger than I want to be but far from 300 pounds -- or 130.08 Kg, as we say here in Canada.

Hot and humid weather has finally arrived and I am finding this white vinyl jumpsuit just a tad sweaty and confining.

Scarlett Jun 7th, 2005 05:05 PM

LOL, that is exactly what Elvis said!!

ThinGorjus Jun 7th, 2005 05:26 PM

When I think of a white jumpsuit, I think of Stephanie Powers from A WOMAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.

I saw Diana Rigg three years ago in a London club (Groucho). She was wearing a cape and a back turtleneck sweater. She looked enormous, but the cape hid a lot. I think she had four puddings and a whole bottle of Champagne. Paul Simon was also having lunch at the Groucho that afternoon. He had food all down the front of his shirt. Between the two of them, I was going to make a pool of sick.

tedgale Jun 7th, 2005 05:56 PM

Paul Simon -- what a slob! At least the sainted Stephanie Powers would never drop food on her clothes!

Always a lady, never a star, as her agent once said of her.