Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   which to take from CDG...bus or train to hotel Muguet? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/which-to-take-from-cdg-bus-or-train-to-hotel-muguet-673256/)

artlvr Jan 24th, 2007 06:10 AM

which to take from CDG...bus or train to hotel Muguet?

I have been to Paris enough to not take a taxi into the city. Please help me choose best method with two bags to get from CDG(flying AA) to Hotel Muguet in the 7th. Thanks!

Travelnut Jan 24th, 2007 06:29 AM

The RER might be a bit much, and requires 2 transfers (RER to metro, then another metro.)

You could take a shuttle door-to-door or match up the Roissybus+metro or the Air France coach+metro...Personally, I'd take a shuttle in these circumstances.

Christina Jan 24th, 2007 09:28 AM

It may depend on your many people you have in your group, as that affects shuttle van rates, and how big those bags are. But if you've been there so much that you don't need a taxi, you must have a metro map and a map of the city, in general, don't you? That's all I would use to decide.

I don't think it's at all an issue of being to Paris enough. I have been there plenty and wouldn't need to ask others the route, but still would choose a taxi to get that the Hotel Muguet as it is rather inconvenient for public transportation.

queener Mar 3rd, 2007 02:08 PM

How much is a taxi from Hotel Muguet to airport?

Rastaguytoday Mar 3rd, 2007 02:11 PM

I just posted this web site for someone wanting to get to Rue Cler (they watched too many Rick Steeves' shows) in the 7th.

http://www.discoverfrance.net/Boutiq.../reviews.shtml

I've not used these guys, so caveat emptor, or as I like to say, caveat weinor.

CAPH52 Mar 3rd, 2007 02:24 PM

Don't know whether you're referring to me, Rastaguytoday (you posted the same link on my thread). But I've never, ever watched Rick Steves!:D (Got my hotel advice from this forum.)I did appreciate your help though.

MademoiselleFifi Mar 3rd, 2007 02:42 PM

Roissybus to Opera and Metro 8 (Balard direction) to La Tour Maubourg.

I took the shuttles for years before finally trying the Roissybus, and the latter runs much more frequently. Even dragging luggage down the stairs at Opera Metro was less hassle than waiting forever for the shuttles to show up.

MelissaHI Mar 3rd, 2007 03:01 PM

The Muguet's website has a link to a shuttle service that they use, which is what I used last time to get there.

How big are your bags? If the bags are not big & bulky, then you could take the train....but as travelnut says, 2 transfers could be a bit much. Depends on if you're looking to save that much money.

queener Mar 5th, 2007 11:57 AM

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Hotel Muguet to the airport? How about from Gare de Lyon to Hotel Muguet?

lmlweb Mar 5th, 2007 12:13 PM

If you take a shuttle, don't do what I did - give them my home departure time instead of the destination arrival time!! They'll have someone there, but nobody to pick up... and you get charged for it anyways.

jedistar Apr 7th, 2007 06:36 PM

I have to do the same trip Christmas eve - 2 adults + 3 kids...thought of 3 train/metro is a bit too much. Roissy Bus to Opera then means 10 minutes walk to Madeleine Metro then 6 minute Metro to Ecole militaire...Looks like shuttle best option for me...I can't find the shuttle info on Muguet web site - am I blind?

Girlspytravel Apr 7th, 2007 06:42 PM

Just take the Roissy bus to Opera Garnier, right by the AMEX office. The cost is around 10 Euro, the bus is designed to accomodate luggage, and it takes about 50-60 minutes.

jedistar Apr 7th, 2007 07:35 PM

but then i have to get from opera to muguet...

Girlspytravel Apr 7th, 2007 07:39 PM

From Opera you take a taxi-it's not that far, Muguet is around the Champs de Mars area.

jedistar Apr 7th, 2007 08:02 PM

Ta - there are 5 of us though ? 2 cabs

Girlspytravel Apr 7th, 2007 08:17 PM

Correction -ecole militare (which isn't far from champs de mars). The hotel is only about a mile and a half from Opera. You will need two cabs.

Here is a website with ALL the taxi stands in central Paris, plus phone numbers for calling a radio taxi at the particular stand in question.

www.parisby.com/transpor/taxi.htm

jedistar Apr 7th, 2007 08:21 PM

thank you - what should a cab cost from there?

Girlspytravel Apr 7th, 2007 08:22 PM

I wouldn't think more than about 7 Euro.

sxc315 Apr 15th, 2007 03:00 PM

My husband and I were thinking of taking a train to our hotel in the 1st - is their still 2 transfers on the train for that? Anyone have any idea how long that would take?
Thank you!

Robespierre Apr 15th, 2007 03:15 PM

<b>jedistar</b> - If you don't want to shell out for taxi(s)

Option 1 -
Roissybus to Op&eacute;ra
M&eacute;tro Ligne 8 to &Eacute;cole Militaire

Option 2 -
RER to Luxembourg
Bus N&deg; 82 to &Eacute;cole Militaire

Option 3 -
RER B to St Michel-Notre Dame
RER C to Invalides
M&eacute;tro Ligne 8 to &Eacute;cole Militaire

<b>sxc315</b> - the RER B goes right through the Ie <i>arrondissement</i>, crossing the Seine just west of Notre Dame. About 30 minutes from CDG. You can probably get to your hotel with only one transfer (bus to bus is less strenuous than RER to M&eacute;tro). Where are you staying?