Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Which Paris hotel would you choose? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/which-paris-hotel-would-you-choose-400371/)

mda97 Feb 17th, 2004 11:16 AM

Which Paris hotel would you choose?

I have narrowed down my choices for a hotel in Paris to the following three, Hotel de France Invalides, Hotel Monge, and Hotel Muguet. They are all available for our upcoming trip. There will be four adults and this is our first trip to Paris. Which hotel would you choose? Are there certain room recommendations, or other helpful hints before I make my choice? Thanks.

ira Feb 17th, 2004 11:34 AM

Hi

Both the Monge and Muguet have gotten good reviews.

You might want to do a text search on all of your choices.

mda97 Feb 17th, 2004 11:46 AM

I probably should have been more specific, I chose about 10 hotels through reco's from Fodors people, and narrowed it down to these 3 based on location, price and availability. I have read all the great things people have said about these places, and now I am stuck at this point and was hoping for some advice that would push me towards one or the other.

mda97 Feb 18th, 2004 05:39 AM

Topping for myself...anyone?

Laidback Feb 18th, 2004 06:14 AM

We have stayed at The Muguet at least ten times. Through the years they have continually upgraded and now they have their glassed in breakfast room right at their garden like courtyard. We love the 7th so this fits the bill and the price has remained very reasonable.When is it that you are going? Have you checked availability? That might make the decision for you.

Travelnut Feb 18th, 2004 06:34 AM

Just based on location, I would think the Muguet would be closer to the metro stop & restaurants, and on a less-busy street than is the France-Invalides. I also think the Muguet is probably slightly nicer in decor than the Monge, but that is not based on personal experience. All in all, we are probably talking 'degrees' here, and the advice to send your booking requests is wise - see what shakes out for you. Any of these would be acceptable based on so many comments in the past.

Betty1 Feb 18th, 2004 06:34 AM

I don't know the Hotel de France Invalides, but I have stayed at both the Monge and the Muguet. I would give a slight edge to the Muguet. The Monge is in a somewhat livelier area; the Muguet area is a bit quieter. Both are near market streets (rue Mouffetard, rue Cler). Both have good access to metro. I like the decor at the Muguet a little better. I am going back to Paris with a group of 10 in late May and we are staying at the Muguet. I think you would be happy at either one.

elle Feb 18th, 2004 02:26 PM

If you do go with Hotel Monge, request a room with a view of the Arenes. I think they are the "1" rooms, e.g. 61, 51, 41.

Lynn_Gibson Feb 18th, 2004 03:24 PM

I have stayed at the Muguet and the Hotel de France Invalides and liked both. I'm going to be in Paris in July and picked the Muguet because it has airconditioning and the Hotel de France doesn't - otherwise, I would pick whichever one is the most reasonable, because they are in the same vicinity and both very nice.