Which one of these 4 hotels??

Aug 28th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Which one of these 4 hotels??

We've limited our search for London hotels to The Gallery, The Rembrandt, The Thistle Park or The Thistle Palace. Does anyone have any advice, opinions and experience with any of the above hotels. We plan to be in London in approx 4 weeks. Thanks.
EPB
Aug 28th, 2003, 07:23 PM

I can't help you with the first two, but the Thistle Kensington Park is definitely better than the Thistle Kensington Palace. They are next door to each other.
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:11 PM

The Rembrandt is on Cromwell Road across the street from the Victoria & Albert Museum. A few paces away is the Natural History Museum and the Brompton Oratory. Down the street is Harrods. About a block and a half away is the South Ken tube stop.

This is an excellent location. The rooms are a good size by "London" standards and well decorated. Large marble bathrooms. The best breakfast buffet in the best dining room I've encountered on my many trips to London.

By the way, I found the best rate for this hotel at smoothhound.com.

Have a great trip!
Aug 29th, 2003, 04:35 AM

We stayed in the Gallery in May. It is a lovely small hotel with a delightful staff. It is located around the corner from the V&A and two short blocks from the South Kensington tube station. The Gallery has a computer available to guests to send e-mail. The breakfast buffet was excellent and in a bright, pleasant breakfast room.

Search this Thread