Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

which of these Rome hotels would you choose?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:32 PM
emily

Cesari- 171euros<BR>del Senato- 192e<BR>Santa Chiara- 176e<BR>Marcus- 110e<BR>La Residenze- 191e<BR>due Torri- 176e<BR><BR>I had hoped to get one of these for 150euros, but since I couldn't, which one would you choose? Is it really worth it to spend the extra cash on the del Senato or La Residenza? I am leaning towards the santa chiara, due torri, or cesari. If one of these has better baths or breakfasts that would be helpful in making decision. Thanks!

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:36 PM

which of these Rome hotels would you choose?<BR> <BR>Author: emily ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/01/2002, 08:33 pm<BR>Message: Cesari- 171euros<BR>del Senato- 192e<BR>Santa Chiara- 176e<BR>Marcus- 110e<BR>La Residenze- 191e<BR>due Torri- 176e<BR><BR>I had hoped to get one of these for 150euros, but since I couldn't, which one would you choose? Is it really worth it to spend the extra cash on the del Senato or La Residenza? I am leaning towards the santa chiara, due torri, or cesari. If one of these has better baths or breakfasts that would be helpful in making decision. Thanks!<BR><BR>-------------------------------------<BR> <BR>Author: Rex ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/01/2002, 09:07 pm<BR>Message: I would not regret saving the 21 e - - and staying at Cesari - - even though I have raved about del Senato.<BR><BR>I have stayed at both.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR>-----------------------------<BR> <BR>Author: richardab ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/01/2002, 09:36 pm<BR>Message: I would pick the Due Torri. You won't be disappointed. I have pics of it on my websight.<BR><BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/<BR><BR>By the way, the Marcus may seem cheap, thats because it is!<BR><BR>--------------------------------<BR> <BR>Author: Wayne ([email protected])<BR>Date: 05/01/2002, 10:08 pm<BR>Message: I have always recommended La Residenza because it has more of a homey feeling for me, perhaps because I usually stay there. It also has roomy rooms and bathrooms. But if you want a hotel at a lower cost, I would also recommend Santa Chiara or Due Torri.<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:44 PM
Kay

I have stayed at the Santa Chiara twice.<BR>It is a really great location and the rooms are quite adequate. Not luxurious but there is so much to do and see in Rome that we did not spend too much time in the hotel. The neighborhood is great and seems very safe. Hope this helps.<BR>Have a great trip.<BR>Kay

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:51 AM
up

upping<BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:33 AM
elaine

I can only speak to the Santa Chiara.<BR>Perfect location, small (single) room, good bathroom, room decor pleasant enough, outstanding breakfast (included) with excellent coffee, helpful staff, services like laundry available if you want it, air conditioning.And did I mention perfect location? Ask for a room facing the back to avoid motorcycle noise.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:02 AM
Emily

Thanks everyone for the input. Although, I am now undecided between S. Ciara, Cesari, and due Torri- all with basically same rate. Since these three were recommended I think I'll skip the Residenza and save a few bucks- esp since we never spend any time in hotel. Now, in trying to make my decision b/t these other 3- have any of you stayed in more than one of these and liked one more than the other, or just recommending based on staying at that one hotel? Thanks!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:37 AM
NobodyImportant

Sta Chiara is best of the bunch. Rome is hot, so AC, elevator and good bath are important. Nice clientele. Breakfast is good. Classy touches.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:11 PM
Debby

We will be staying at the del Senato for a higher price. For what time period did you get that price? How long ago did you book?<BR><BR>I e-mailed them and they told me the price on their web-site was for July and August. I am curious.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Debby

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:10 PM
Michael Strickland

I too can recommend the Sta. Chiara (though I haven't stayed at the others you listed). The location is fabulous, the room and bathroom is good-sized, the hotel is classy and the breakfast buffet is pretty extensive (by European standards, anyway). Have fun!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:13 PM
All

Does the Santa Chiara have a website?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:24 PM
GAC

www.albergosantachiara.com

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:49 PM
Sue

Stayed at Cesari and thought the location was unbeatable, staff very helpful, breakfast very good. Front door is on pedestrian-only sidestreet/courtyard with little cafe next door, bakery/little grocery within a block. Walk in one direction and branches out to many pedestrian-only streets. Yet, block away in other direction is street where you can catch the bus. Trevi/Pantheon about 2 blocks.They may give corporate discount though not sure if specific companies.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:19 PM
emily

Debbie- The rates for del Senato were for 8/29/02 for 3 nights. Check www.venere.com for rates. <BR><BR>Thanks to all for suggestions. I still have not made up my mind...but getting closer!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:23 PM
emily

oops- that should read www.venere.com

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:15 AM
Debby

Thanks Emily,<BR><BR>We're going in June. They did say they were less expensive for July and August. Hope you have a great time. I can't wait to go.<BR><BR>Debby

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:48 AM
karen

I would look at the rants and raves section for the hotels you're interested in. We chose the Cesari because everyone rated it highly while the Santa Chiara had some bad comments.