We are a family of four, two adults and two girls ages 19 and 16 travelling to Paris for the first time at the end of May 2009. We would really like to stay in an apartment while we are there.
On the advice of my daughter's college French professor who is from Paris, we are looking in the 1st, 5th and 6th Arrondissements. We really would like a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment which narrows down our search quite a bit, but I have come up with at least 3 that seem nice and fit our taste and needs.
I am trying to be very careful with our selection as we stayed in apartments in Italy 3 years ago and had a couple of pretty bad experiences with the location, owners etc. I want to really cover all bases this time before making our final decision.
Below are the links to three apartments we are considering for our trip.
Has anyone stayed in any of these or can you give any input as to the area they are located etc?
We will be visiting Paris for the first time and doing all of the usual tourist things...Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Palace of Versailles. I have not gotten to much of those details yet as apartment hunting is first. My girls love to shop and we would like to be in a neighborhood with restaurants, shops and some activity, but not a loud and super busy area.
I am hoping that someone has stayed in one of these apartments or had experiences with these rental agencies and can give some insight.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
#1 - From Parisianflat.com at 37 Rue de Vaugirard -http://www.parisianflat.com/rent-a-parisian-flat-15-rue-de-vaugirard-saint-germain-des-pres.html
#2 - From Parisperfect.com at 31 Rue de Seine in the 6th - http://www.parisperfect.com/chassagne/vacation/two-bedroom-paris-short-term-apartment-rental.html
#3 - From Homeaway.com on the Rue de Petit Champs in the 1st Arrondissement.
I should mention that we are open to other areas of Paris as well. I am not fixed on these.
Thank you so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 3 Visit to France
- 4 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 5 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Packing Champagne
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Which Area in London?
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Milan airport--which one
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 two days in Nice
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 New fast track
Which of these Apartments in 1st or 6th Arrondissements - Any Advice Welcome!