We're going to Venice for 9 nights in early September. We've been to Europe several times, and my husband and I each usually take our Rick Steves carry on size backpacks. They have served us very well over the years. However, I've developed some problems with neck and upper back pain the past several months. Last year, during our trip to Greece, I really had a hard time carrying my backpack, even though we packed extremely light. It was most difficult in the long airports, and my husband had to carry a lot for me, which was hard, because he had his own.
My question: do most travelers use wheeled luggage in Venice? We have carry on sized wheeled bags as well, but mostly use them for stateside travel. Our hotel is near the San Stae vaparetto stop. I just don't know if the streets are cobbled, or if it's hard to use wheeled luggage there. I think it would be easier for me, especially in the airport.
Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL $ Passwords Reset Contact $ 1800~681 7208 $ AOL Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 3 My France Vacation
- 4 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 5 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 6 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 9 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Iceland driving in March
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 14 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 Greece during Easter week or August
- 21 Northern Spain road trip
- 22 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 Help with Spain itinerary
- 24 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 25 Where to stay in Naples?