I have reservations with Hotel Suisse in Nice for 3 nights in early October. TA reviews are all good.
I just found availability with Hotel Le Versailles in Villefranche-sur-Mer for the same dates. TA reviews are just OK, many travelers reviewed this hotel as rather dated and tired.
I'm not entirely sure I trust TA reviews as they are 'all over the place'.
My question is which location is nicer? Both have nice views of the sea, and although I've heard wonderful things about VFSM, is Nice a more convenient location for touring neighboring towns along the coast?
Our group will have 2 rental cars (we may decide to return them early if we don't really need them anymore) so parking costs are a consideration.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
This is the last leg of my trip to London and France, very excited about ending my trip on the Riviera, just want to be certain I'm making the best location choice.
Also, any favorite restaurants along the coast I should include in my dining out list?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~888~406:4114 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 YAHOO & Email 1888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Tec*h Care By Yes!
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Has anyone used Gemut.com for car rental?
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Which Area in London?
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 20 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!