Which hotel in Villefranche sur Mer?

Jan 22nd, 2000, 09:34 AM
Ellen

Which hotel in Villefranche sur Mer?

I am looking at these two hotels in Villefrance for the first week in May:

Hotel La Flore
Hotel Welcome

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! This forum has been so helpful to me in putting together this trip!

Jan 22nd, 2000, 07:38 PM
Mary Ann

Last September we spent 2 nights at the La Flore. We are two couples who took the two rooms with a bath between with our own terrace overlooking the harbor. Our husbands did not want to go sight seeing, they could not believe the view. The colors, the boats coming and going to the marina, the lighthouse in the distance. All this for approximately $150 a night for 4. The staff was great and helpful. The restaurant food was very good and reasonable, and the pool was great too. We considered the Hotel Welcome, but it was pricier, parking was also more (La Flore has a lot that was free). The bus for Nice picked us up next door for the 5 minute ride. We drove to Monaco because the trains stop about 8 or 9pm. I would not hestate to go back. In fact they just made me miss them more, the first week of January, they sent us their brochure again with a happy new year card. (As usual, breakfast is not included in most French hotels). We did walk by the Hotel Welcome, it is down by the harbor and does have the advantage of proximity to the water. Oh a plus at the Hotel La Flore is the laundromat about 3 blocks away. It too came in handy!! Have a great time the village is one of our favorite places.

Jan 22nd, 2000, 08:28 PM
Ellen

Thanks so much for your response! Can you tell me how close to the water this hotel is? My husband wants to be "on the water". Any good restaurants you'd recommend? We'll be there about five days.

Feb 12th, 2000, 06:11 AM
Maribel

To the top for D&S.

Feb 12th, 2000, 06:24 AM
Mary Ann

Sorry for the delay in getting back, work has been hectic. La Flore is not on the water but on the hill overlooking the harbor with a wonderful view. Welcome is at the water but it overlooks the harbor, not the beach, it is an older hotel. La Flore has a pool. I do not know if Welcome has any rooms with balconies. It was about a 15 minute walk down to the water area by Hotel Welcome. They both have web sites but at the moment I cannot place my hands on them. If you do a search for the riviera, I think they should come up. Our hotel restaurant was good the one night. Rick Steves recommended it. The other night we ate at the Cafe du Paris in Monte Carlo which had good food and great ambiance, we ate outdoors. Have a great trip, we loved this place.