Which flight would you choose between Paris and ROme on a Monday morning

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those experts in Paris, which flight would you choose to fly from Paris (CDG) to Rome (Fiumicino) on a Monday,
either 9.45 AM leaving Paris arriving 11.50 AM to Rome, or a later one leaving 11.15 AM arriving 1.15PM. The Paris hotel is near les Invalides.
My concerns are the rush hour, trying to avoid it, and making the best selection to enjoy the day in Rome.
Does any one remembers how many hours before the flight leaves we should arrive to CDG. Thank you.
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:17 PM

I wouldn't say I'm an expert. But if it were me alone, I'd take the earlier flight. If I have a kid with me, I'd take the later flight, because they do better getting extra sleep.

I'd say arrive two hours beforehand, but every time this question is posed, someone seems to post a scenario where everything went awry and they barely made it with that. So I'd either take public transit (not fun that early in the morning, I'm sure) or take a taxi, probably leaving at 6:30 AM. If I felt confident in a shuttle, I'd book one.

Is EasyJet for Orly to Ciampino an option? It's somewhat easier to get to Orly from Les Invalides. You can do it with the Air France bus from Les Invalides.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Original Poster

Hi ,thank you Will Travel, the party from CDG to Paris is composed by two adults and 3 children, ages 11,9 and 6
we are taking a taxi.
I was wondering how to be sure to get a van to accomodate us all.
Any idea? I need to get one coming from CDG and going to CDG. Since we are flying from overseas by Air France we are doing every flight in AF. Tks.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 01:09 AM

<i>Does any one remembers how many hours before the flight leaves we should arrive to CDG.</i>

Check-in deadlines vary by airline and destination. You should refer to both the deadlines and possibly recommended times given to you by AF in the confirmation of your booking.
Or check AF's website for reference:
http://tinyurl.com/3o493l

To save time, use self-service kiosks for check-in, also w/ baggage:
http://tinyurl.com/53zayr

You will be traveling from one Schengen country to another, so there will be no passport control. I would consider more than 2 hours completely unnecessary; 90 minutes should be more than enough.

During rush hour, I would always prefer a packed RER train to a van stuck in traffic.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 01:27 AM

&quot;During rush hour, I would always prefer a packed RER train to a van stuck in traffic.&quot;

Definitely so. Even more as I presume more people come towards the Centre than leave it.