Reload this Page >

Which city to visit for 2 nights in Umbria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:40 PM
jamie

My husband and I will be in Italy and would like to spend 2 nights in Umbria May 3-5. Which one do you recommend? We would like to relax, soak up the atmosphere (but get a cheap hotel. Which town would be best!<BR><BR>Thank you!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Amanda

My family and I really, really enjoyed Assisi!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Dale

Assuming that you are with car, I recommend Bevagna for its central location. We have visited there a half dozen times in the past few years. I can elaborate if you wish to email me.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:01 PM
gac

Here is a list of the most important towns in Umbria, from a tourist/artistic/architectural point of view:<BR><BR>1. Perugia<BR>2. Assisi<BR>3. Spoleto<BR>4. Orvieto<BR>5. Gubbio<BR>6. Spello<BR>7. Montefalco<BR>8. Bevagna<BR>9. Norcia<BR>10. Narni<BR>11. Amelia<BR>12. Todi<BR><BR>The first five towns are the most important of the dozen.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Marilyn

We've been to Assisi three times and love it there. I've only traveled through some of the other notable towns so I can't really speak for them. I think you would find it very uplifting and the food served in establishments there is wonderful. M.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Howard

We Assisi to be both a great town to spend a day in and a good location to stay overnight in.<BR>If want a different experience, I can recommend the castle we stayed just outside of Assisi:<BR>Castel San Gregorio<BR>They don't have a website, but check out:<BR>http://www.takeoffitaly.com/umbria.assisi_hotel.html <BR>for a description.<BR>An added plus: We had two wonderful dinners there.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 06:06 AM
adele

We loved Perugia!!!