I have around 4 1/2 days to for a short gateway after my 3 weeks stay in London for a business trip and currently am contemplating whether which of these place should I opt for.
1) Seville and either one of Malage/Cordoba/Granada.
2) Edinburgh for 3 full days plus a whole day excursion to the Scottish Highlands.
3) Oslo and Bergen for 2 days each and if possible will try to squeeze in some time to visit the fjords.
My personal preference would be Seville as the weather is still pleasant and things are probably cheaper as compare to Edinburgh and Oslo. Edinburgh seems to be more viable as I can take a train to Manchester to meet up with a friend and then onwards to Edinburgh on the following day. I have always wanted to visit Norway especially after seeing the wonderful pictures of Bergen on the web and also to see the difference as I have been to Copenhagen and Stockholm before but the main challenges is that it is costly to visit Norway and I am not sure if it is worthwhile to visit Norway in such a limited time anyway.
I am mainly interested in charming and picturesque cities and in architecture as well as historical sites. I'm not really a museum person, so will only probably visit 1 one museums max. I enjoy walking in cities and I assume Seville, Edinburgh and Oslo is cities that is best and can be explore on foot as the most of the attractions is not scatter around the city.
The downside of Edinburgh and Oslo is it is much more colder than Seville and also the daylight is shorter as well as the high likely-hood of rainy days.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 2 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 3 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 4 Which Aran Island??
- 5 Spain in 2018
- 6 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 7 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 8 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 9 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 10 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 16 Rent in Rome
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 24 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
Which city to visit at the end of October. Seville, Edinburgh or Oslo?